1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lets find the sbf

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sos567656765, Feb 12, 2010.

1. sos567656765

sos567656765 New Member

Everyone that has any ideas, thoughts, any information really on how we might be able to come up with the sbf file for our droids post it all here. What I know isn't quite enough to find it and obviously no one knows enough or we would have it LOL. But maybe if everyone knows what you know someone will be able to piece it all together.

If you dont know what is so important about this file that everyone wants have a look at THIS and maybe it will show just how important it is to the community that we get this.
  2. pthance

pthance New Member

3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

The thread you linked to in your OP didn't mention sbf anywhere? Or am I missing something entirely?
  4. Topsy

Topsy New Member

The point is to find a Droid sbf, not the milestone one. The milestone version is widely available.
  5. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Maybe the Milestone would work on the Droid after a few tweeks.....since it is essentially the same phone
  6. pthance

pthance New Member

If he wants the sbf for recovery of bricked phoned the milestonne would be fine...unbrick, flash recovery, push a nandroid, restore a nandroid. Just my two cents.

Or bribe a verizon employee for a copy.
  7. JhankG

JhankG New Member

This was what the Sholes Team was looking for as well.
  8. Topsy

Topsy New Member

The milestone sbf has been around for a while now, and yet the devs over at sholes have specifically said they are looking for a Droid version, leads me to believe that it won't work.
    Or it could be because of the changes done to the Milestone recently.
    SemiAccurate :: Motorola locks down Android
    Pretty sad news, and here's hoping they don't try that in the US.
  9. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Oh I know.... :(

If they do that to the Droid, I will be more than disappointed.......might as well go get an iPhone and jailbreak it if they do the Droid that way :(
  10. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Nah, i've got root and ota's disabled, so i'm not worried. People that aren't though, could lose all freedom for sure if they pulled this here.
  11. radioz

radioz New Member

Sorry if I'm a little dense, but what is an 'sbf' file? What does it contain?
  12. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yep....I hope they don't do us that way....

I seen a post a while back that mentioned something about the 2.1 update may not be able to be exploited and develop a way to root it.....and that kind of worried me....cause I mean what if they made it that way? There's no reason why they couldn't...you know?
  13. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

The Milestone development is a bit disturbing. And the problem with thinking that well it won't affect me if the Droid goes this way because I am already rooted is that it could indirectly affect us on the development front. If the pool of rootable phone does not keep increasing, I am guessing that perhaps there will be less incentive for Dev's to get involved. Especially new ones. Perhaps the same could be said for app development, certainly apps that require root.

I guess this could be tempered by arguments about the longevity of the phone, i.e. in two years there will be no Droids sold as everyone will have the latest whatever in that time frame, the bigger picture of Open Source is at play here, and could be down the road with new devices. I am a big proponent of companies doing whatever they want without fear of lawsuit or government intervention, but to sell a phone and advertise Android, aka open source, then block the very foundation is a bit wrong. About like marketing a car capable of 200 mph, then installing a governor that cannot be replaced that limits speeds to 55mph.

Craig
  14. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Ya I agree with you Craig, while it won't effect my phone, it could drastically alter the incentive for the rooted droid devs to continue if this happened.
    Sad day to see an open-source phone treated this way, guess this will be my first and last motorola phone if they continue down this path.
  15. hydrogenman

hydrogenman New Member

Just means I'll move to the Nexus One if they do this

I love that Google gave you the option to unlock the bootloader out of box (albeit with standard warranty implications, etc)
  16. sos567656765

sos567656765 New Member

Have a peek over HERE