Let's Face it

Reaction score
Well here we are...February 14th, 2011, and still no Thunderbolt. I'm almost certain the delay is being caused by the iphone 4. Verizon is going to release the HTC TB on February 24th(I think). You ask why this date??? It's becoming very obvious, at least in my opinion. This later release date will be exactly 14 days after the iphone 4 has been released on Verizon's network. They don't want a bunch of people coming in and trading in their iphone's for the TB. Verizon's 14 day return policy will once again screw a bunch of people out of switching to a phone they really want. Truth is, a lot of the people who bought the iphone on launch date will see a friend with this way cool TB, that is way slicker than their iphone, and wish they could have it. But thanks to Verizon's return policy, they will be paying retail if they want it that bad. Sad, but true. All about the money nowadayzzzz

Way to put the customer first, Verizon :clap:

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
In what situation would someone be incapable of waiting 14 days?

OP
H
Reaction score
Isn't Verizons return policy 30 days?

Changed to 14 not too long ago :icon_evil:

In what situation would someone be incapable of waiting 14 days?

My guess is that because of how big the iphone coming to Verizon was, it clouded a lot of people judgment to take a look at upcoming phones that were to be released. I mean, it's very safe to say the iphone was advertised like crazy, all the way up to it's release date, and still going. I have not seen one commercial on the TB. Get what I'm saying :D

Or the rumors about Steve Jobs paying Verizon off could be true lol

Edit: Or I could be wrong about assuming a bunch of people picked up the iphone [video=youtube;GUaFywhywjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUaFywhywjA&feature=player_embedded#at=22[/video]

FAIL lmao

Last edited:
OP
H
Reaction score
I have seen 1 singular TB commercial. Still, people can just wait 14 days & try them both. No one is holding anyone saying "dooz you wantz ze iPhonefier or ze zunderbolt docteur Jonez? You muzt dezide!"
Edit* plus all the ranting about this is happening over here:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...bolt-due-verizon-maximizing-iphone-sales.html

True, but I think the point I'm trying to get at is millions of people picked up the iphone on launch day, and those people will fall just short as far as time goes to trade it for the TB.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have seen 1 singular TB commercial. Still, people can just wait 14 days & try them both. No one is holding anyone saying "dooz you wantz ze iPhonefier or ze zunderbolt docteur Jonez? You muzt dezide!"
Edit* plus all the ranting about this is happening over here:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...bolt-due-verizon-maximizing-iphone-sales.html

Indy would use the tb and you know it

tappin and a talkin

Lies! He'd keep rollin' on OG Droid!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
They don't want a bunch of people coming in and trading in their iphone's for the TB. Verizon's 14 day return policy will once again screw a bunch of people out of switching to a phone they really want.

Then why did they get the iphone?

I can't see it taking any more than a few days at most to see if the device is a keeper.

OP
H
Reaction score
They don't want a bunch of people coming in and trading in their iphone's for the TB. Verizon's 14 day return policy will once again screw a bunch of people out of switching to a phone they really want.

Then why did they get the iphone?

I can't see it taking any more than a few days at most to see if the device is a keeper.

As I had said in a previous reply, Most of the people I know didn't have any clue about the TB until I told them about it. But rest assured, they all knew the iphone was there, and 2 of them pulled new iphones out of their front pockets lol I'm just guessing that their will be a few unhappy campers when they realize they should have held off on the iphone and kept their options opened :)

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah there will be riots. A pox has come upon Verizon.
Iiiiinnnnnfffffiiiiidddddeeeeellllll

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As with any business, you want to maximize profits for EVERYTHING you sell. Giving the iphone and the Thunderbolt their due time in the spotlight is smart business. IMO that's all they are doing.

Waiting until the 24th isn't going to change my life. But what it WILL do is make the TB that much more popular as it won't be in the shadow of the iphone.

Reaction score
It sucks waiting for the thunderbolt but I can't blame Verizon. It makes perfect business sense to wait until the 24th. If I run Verizon I probably would do the same thing.