Lets Face it, Apple > Droid+Google+Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richz

Well, lets face it, droid will NEVER become as popular as the iPhone no matter how much better it may be. The iPhone is the most popular tech thing since the camera. There are cars, computers, printers, almsot everything that supports an ipod. ie-ipod dock.
no matter how much we like our droid + Verizon + Google,it will never come within 75% of the Apple Power.

discuss

misaac

Reaction score
Wow, way to be positive. Give the Droid time to grow. And att seems to be shooting themselves in the foot. I see a bright future for the Droid and its users.

Olivia

Reaction score
Yea I have the iPhone 3gs and I cannot wait till I switch to Droid next week!

reggin

Reaction score
You're probably right. As much as I hate to say it, the iPhone will continue to be an iPhone ten years down the road but the Droid will be a nice footnote in history to the progression of smart phones. I don't see Motorola continuing to develop the Droid to a super refined state that is the iPhone. Just don't see it.

I feel that Apple will have its niche for a long time because of brand loyalty and Apple will reward its long time customers and continue to bore into more market share. If they really want to kill off the competition, they just need to lower their price points to what is comparable to the rest of the phone, computer market and make a killing doing it.

We have to admire (at least acknowledge) what Apple has done and they do make a very nice product(s). But I do not like the elitist mentality the company and consumer portrays, nor the closed market, nor the, when you buy Apple, you have to keep buying Apple products scheme. I simply will not ever buy Apple for these reasons and I'm sure many out there feel the same way which will keep competing products on the market.

Long live competition and freedom.

shugknight

Reaction score
Who cares about popularity? Popularity is for teenagers in high school.

texasPI

Reaction score
I don't think anyone really thinks that the droid would be bigger than the iphone. For another phone to potentially reach the success of the iphone there would have to be a company that does it the same way apple did. The iphone's weaknesses are also its strengths. Strictly controlled content, hardware, one model etc.

sloppy

Reaction score
Have to disagree. While I love my Ipod touch my Iphone that some sucker just bought on Ebay for 600 bucks was nothing more than a Itouch with an occasional phone if you were lucky. I still feel the Droid and the Iphone should not even be classified in the same ranking to me the Iphone is nothing more than a toy or an entertainment portal where the Droid is a true smartphone or a workhorse. I'm not trying to overpraise the Droid it certainly has its flaws and I love a lot of what Apple has but comparing the Iphone and the Droid is like comparing a Bobcat to a Catapillar D10. One will move dirt and one will move a complete forest. You get AT&T out of the picture and then you have a true entertainment phone that would be top of its class but the lack of customization and access makes it impossible for the Iphone to compare to the Droid and vice versa.

jasonb

Reaction score
i doubt the moto droid will ever get the same support as Iphone. we'll never see docks and car radios and stuff like that supporting the droid.

so far i love my droid. but lets face it, the mass media doesn't always choose the best devices or products out there. also as said above, android is new, the iphone has been around for a bit.

in the end though Droid > Iphone. just the ability to run multiple apps at once seals the deal for me. that and the droid being on the better network. Verizon > ATT

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I really couldn't care less if it becomes more popular that the iPhone or if it is or isn't the "iPhone-killer". I just know it's the best phone for me.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the iphone is simply a fad or a fashion statement and it will never be more then that. The people that buy it dont buy it because of its capabilities they buy it because its what all the cool people have. As soon as the hollywood socialites (paris hilton, nicole ritchie, ETC) start to carry something else all the followers(90% of iphone users) will also follow to that.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You're probably right. As much as I hate to say it, the iPhone will continue to be an iPhone ten years down the road but the Droid will be a nice footnote in history to the progression of smart phones. I don't see Motorola continuing to develop the Droid to a super refined state that is the iPhone. Just don't see it.

I feel that Apple will have its niche for a long time because of brand loyalty and Apple will reward its long time customers and continue to bore into more market share. If they really want to kill off the competition, they just need to lower their price points to what is comparable to the rest of the phone, computer market and make a killing doing it.

We have to admire (at least acknowledge) what Apple has done and they do make a very nice product(s). But I do not like the elitist mentality the company and consumer portrays, nor the closed market, nor the, when you buy Apple, you have to keep buying Apple products scheme. I simply will not ever buy Apple for these reasons and I'm sure many out there feel the same way which will keep competing products on the market.

Long live competition and freedom.

I agree 100% with what reggin has said.

Apple did an amazing job making devices such as the mp3 player and smartphones so main stream. It really is good for the industry and Apple continues to feed off of it. Not only do they continue to thrive in the industry, but other companies such as Google and HTC thrive in it as well.

I, too, hate that elitist mentality that many Apple users have. Not to mention the limitations that Apple has on their hardware and software. I mean to truly enjoy your iPhone, the users HAVE to jailbreak it. There is not one person I have spoken to that has not jailbroken their iPhone. And even after jailbreaking it all of them feel and look the same.

However, what Apple has done is create more competition and brought more attention to the smartphone world. That means better products, such as our Droid, were brought to the market and there will be even better things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.