let us not get one ...

bearklaws007

Reaction score
I feel like this should have been put out at least a month ago...
I think if they are going to play games like not releasing it, then we should hold off on getting one...wait for the next big one and maybe a time or two, this will teach them a lesson...
i should of got my update back in nov.

So, that is my point of view, i hope others will follow...

peace Bearklaws007

Munstir

Reaction score
I feel like this should have been put out at least a month ago...
I think if they are going to play games like not releasing it, then we should hold off on getting one...wait for the next big one and maybe a time or two, this will teach them a lesson...
i should of got my update back in nov.

So, that is my point of view, i hope others will follow...

peace Bearklaws007

They aren't so much playing games as they are being confused them selves. Holding off on getting it isn't going to teach them a lesson. Just about everyone that want's this phone will get one. My best buy has 70 people in line for the phone.

I've had a chance to upgrade since September and nearly bought a droid pro. Phew what a close call that was I can't wait for this phone.

bassJAM

Reaction score
I've worked in consumer goods, where we'll work our butts off for 15 months to meet a release date, only to have it pushed back for many different reasons beyond our control. I'm not holding anything against Verizon for that.

OP
B

bearklaws007

Reaction score
What do you mean ,what is this tread about?

I wrote this when i was mad yesterday..It plainly says don't buy a thunderbolt (man).

Would buy one now, but it ticks me off how they play games... Thats the story...

nothing more nothing less...it is just my god given rant...because we live in america...

If i had it to do over, i would have never started this thread...I am sure everyone is tired of this as i am....Peace

leehblanc

Reaction score
Oh, I have a better idea. I'm going to buy one of their precious i*hones next week, then return it for a TB. Sure, it will cost me $35, but it will cost them more. Screw them AND Apple.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont see a better choice, moto is locked down and HTC wont have a dual core until probably late into the year.

Reaction score
meh, I'm just gonna get a verizon evo and sell it if something amazing for Q3/Q4 gets announced...or I might just keep the tb..either way, the droid will not leave my side so i'll have something to use if I do sell it..super phones like the tb/evo always go for big money on ebay if they're well taken care of and still relatively newly released..

AMelis

Reaction score
Does dual core matter when the apps are not written for it or the OS?

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Not the greatest logic, but if thats how you feel then wait longer. You're still buying a phone from them. You're not hurting them, just yourself by waiting to 'stick it to them'. I'm patient enough to wait to get this as a complete and bug-free phone. I'm really stoked about this phone and am patiently waiting to get my hands on this and will be worth it. Patience is a virtue.

Reaction score
meh, I'm just gonna get a verizon evo and sell it if something amazing for Q3/Q4 gets announced...or I might just keep the tb..either way, the droid will not leave my side so i'll have something to use if I do sell it..super phones like the tb/evo always go for big money on ebay if they're well taken care of and still relatively newly released..

Ok, the thunderbolt DOES NOT equal a Verizon Evo
Here why:
Tb: 768mb RAM, Evo: 512mb
Tb: next gen snpdrgn 1Ghz, Evo: older generation 1Ghz snpdrgn
Tb: SLCD Display, Evo: LCD
Tb: LTE, Evo: Wi-MAX
Tb: Skype integrated Sense, Evo: Old Sense
Tb: aluminum/ metallic body, Evo: cheap black plastic
Tb: Bulky k.s. w/ dolby sorround sound, Evo: tiny k.s. w/ nothing
Tb: 32Gb pre installed SD, Evo: 8gb pre installed
Tb: 8GB internal Mem., Evo: 1gb internal mem.
Tb: 1400 maH bat., Evo: 1500 maH bat.
Tb: New & improved 8mpx camera, Evo: First gen HTC 8mpx
Tb: Latest HTC Sense, Evo: Old HTC Sense
Tb: Skins & cstmizatn, Evo: No skins, minor customization

The HTC Thunderbolt will not be a Verizon Evo. At all.
Because it bears a similar outer appearence does not mean its the same phone, that's like saying the Motorola Milestone, Droid 1, and Droid 2 are all the same phone because they look that way.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Does dual core matter when the apps are not written for it or the OS?

Idts, dual core I believe, is a stigma to make a phone sound better than it actually is, sure, it may improve battery life, and boost quadrant scores a little over a new single core phone but you would really be paying a high price for the stigma of the words "dual core", but yes I don't think many apps will be developed to really take advantage of this new tech till around H2

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App