Less expensive alternative to Droid?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I'm good to go on "new every 2" plan but my wife who shares my plan must pay full price for hers, we both love the Droid but the cost is steep for that second phone. My phone would only be $149.

Is there a compatible phone 3.7" 320x480 screen, Android etc, that doesn't have the slide out screen? We do little or no texting so I'm thinking a way to save some money might be to get a phone similar to the Droid but with an on-screen keyboard?

Thanks....have a good holiday !

Ron W.

Last edited:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the Droid Eris sounds perfect for you.... google that and see where/how you can get the best deal... they were practically giving them away with the NE2 contracts a few weeks back

Guchi

Reaction score
ad a line and get a driod then you get to "make payments" lol

Guchi

Reaction score
did you just recommend a winmo phone? realy????? have you ever used winmo?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

yes i have. I came from a Tilt before my Droid. Alot of people hate WinMo but i actually loved it. I think 6.5 is a huge improvement and don't think it would slow down as much as 6.0. I checked out the Imagio for a bit and it seemed like a good phone, but I went with the Droid because i grew tired of WinMo. I find Android to be the future of mobile devices so I went with it and have no regrets and will never go back to any other OS.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check out the Eris. Sound like it's exactly what you're looking for and it can do a lot of the same things that the Droid can (albeit a little slower).

Guchi

Reaction score

yes i have. I came from a Tilt before my Droid. Alot of people hate WinMo but i actually loved it. I think 6.5 is a huge improvement and don't think it would slow down as much as 6.0. I checked out the Imagio for a bit and it seemed like a good phone, but I went with the Droid because i grew tired of WinMo. I find Android to be the future of mobile devices so I went with it and have no regrets and will never go back to any other OS.

i had an Omnia with a custom 6.5 winmo rom it was ok i also tried to "HIDE" windows under every available UI upgrade. the best being SBP Mobile shell. but it still did not compare to my droid... not even close. so i just find it hard to encourage someone to buy something that i was trying to "FIX" the entire time i had it.

xliderider

Reaction score
The Droid Erie would be perfect for your wife, my wife loves hers. :)

Verizon is having a BOGO sale now, by a Droid Eris get one free. If you purchased your Motor Droid recently, you may qualify to get her Eris free.

IN AWE

Reaction score

Verizon is having a BOGO sale now, by a Droid Eris get one free. If you purchased your Motor Droid recently, you may qualify to get her Eris free.
Yep, bought a Droid 26 days ago and just got off the phone for a free Eris for my daughter.

Guchi

Reaction score

Yep, bought a Droid 26 days ago and just got off the phone for a free Eris for my daughter.

i just tried this and no go........ who did you call???

IN AWE

Reaction score

i just tried this and no go........ who did you call???

Called cust. service @ 611, they transfered me to phone sales. Needed to be less than 30 days from purchase of Droid.

BigTex71

Reaction score
I did the BOGO and got my wife a Droid Eris. After 2 weeks she decided she really wanted the Moto Droid instead, so we had to pay the restocking fee and get her the Droid. She got spoiled using my Moto Droid and kept saying how much better it was that her Droid Eris. So I told her we could return it because I didn't want to hear her complain about that Eris phone (vs Droid) for 2 years.