Lenovo's New 'Sisley' Android looks Suspiciously Like an iPhone 6 Knock-Off

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lenovo-sisley-fake-iphone6-1.png

It would appear that even the big manufacturers in China are not immune to making the occasional knock-off Apple products. It's no surprise when the small OEMs create Android devices which look suspiciously like an iPhone 6, but you wouldn't expect this same behavior from Lenovo. That's what makes their new "Sisley" Android smartphone so surprising.

As you can see from the pic above, and the others in the thread below, Lenovo has created a reasonably close facsimile of the new iPhone 6. It's obvious not an exact duplicate, but it's design aesthetic comes very close to Apple's latest device. It's even the exact same thickness (6.9mm) of the iPhone 6.

Source: Weibo

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lenovo Sisley looks a great deal like an iPhone 6:

lenovo-sisley-fake-iphone6-1.png

lenovo-sisley-fake-iphone6-2.png

lenovo-sisley-fake-iphone6-3.png

lenovo-sisley-fake-iphone6-4.png

lenovo-sisley-fake-iphone6-5.png

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Seeing that this handset was probably in R & D for quite some time it would be hard to prove that they stole Apple's design. If this was released in 2015 I'd definitely be saying "hmmmmmmm"

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I can't wait until they get their hands on Motorola.

2148914143030457386745c1fc0ce85f25631b1d0e809cc165d2135708984874.jpg

Seeing that this handset was probably in R & D for quite some time it would be hard to prove that they stole Apple's design. If this was released in 2015 I'd definitely be saying "hmmmmmmm"

All I have to say is "corporate espionage". If they have a guy on the inside they could match designs and release times easily. I'm not saying that's the deal, but I wouldn't be surprised.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Doubt Lenovo cares what apple thinks. And I don't think apple will bother suing Chinese, copying is what they do best.

Got to be honest, I can't wait for reaction from Apple! This is PRICELESS!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Ever wonder why Apple's i6 looks like the HTC series of phones? Google "apple hires htc engineers" for the answer.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
If these companies spent as much time and money on improving their devices than they do on litigation, we'd have holographic displays by now!

S5 tap'n

jenibravo

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
So what's new in this era where mobile manufacturers are just copying one another? But they can make the competition harder if they can create an invisible phone.

Sent from Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk