Lenovo's Intel CloverTrail+ Equipped K900 Edges Past Galaxy S4 In Performance

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lenovo-k900-beats-sgs4.png

It looks like the Snapdragon 600 equipped Samsung Galaxy S4 already has some serious competition in the processor performance arena. The new Lenovo K900 IdeaPhone with Intel's Clover Trail+ processor technology actually outperformed the SGS4 in recent AnTuTu benchmarks. As you can see in the pic above, the K900 scored 25,827 in the benchmark, which just edges out the SGS4 by a tiny percentage. Here's a recap of specs for this device just in case you are intrigued,
  • 5.5 inch FHD (1080 x 1920 ) LCD display with 401ppi pixel density
  • Dual-core 2GHz Intel Atom Clover Trail+ processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 16GB of native storage (and NO microSD slot)
  • 13MP rear Sony Exmor BSI camera camera that can capture video in 1080p
  • 2MP front-camera
  • 2500mAh battery
  • Android 4.2
It's always good to see competition in the market place, and especially from a prime-mover like Intel. Keep in mind that this chip from Intel is a dual-core processor built on the last generation 32nm Atom based SoC. It's mind-boggling to think what Intel will be able to do with their chips when they hit the same current-gen 22nm process (or even the next-next-gen 16nm) and a quad-core setup.

It may take "Chipzilla" a little while to shift gears, but once they do, their competition better watch out!

intel-k900-back.jpg
intel-k900-front.jpg

On a sidenote... the K900 is a pretty good-looking device as well! Share your thoughts.

Source: GSMArena

hotice

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how much power was needed to run that test on the GS4 and the Intel test device. I'll bet the GS4 used a lot less power and still got similar results. I'll also bet the GPU in the GS4 is much better than the on in the Intel. Intel graphics processors are not very good - in fact they use a version of the PowerVR SGX in their HD 4000 graphics subsystem for desktop/laptop.

It should be pointed out that it's a X86 cpu, not an ARM cpu. That means it will have at least some compatibility problems on Android. I'd love to see Intel put out an updated version of their X-Scale processor from years ago, which was ARM based, but it looks like Intel is trying to force the x86 design into mobile.

hotice

Reaction score
In all fairness...
+1 LCD
+1 Camera
+1 Battery
Not that those are all better than the GS4 but I think they're all good things:)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
intel-k900-back.jpg
intel-k900-front.jpg

On a sidenote... the K900 is a pretty good-looking device as well! Share your thoughts.

I'd hit that. :D

But on the real, why does Antutu's information screen differ than what is in specs on the OP? Can it not tell that it's a dual core, or what the pixel density really is?

Another side question, could this device run Windows 8 natively? (
kodiak799, saw your post after I posted mine)

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Very attractive, professional looking phone unlike these ones that look like kids' toys. I kind of think it's a bit too straight-edged, they could have rounded the corners just a little or done some creative beveling on the corners. I still took the time to look up more images on google just to get a better idea of how it looks so I'd have to say the design caught my attention. The design is like a sports-car in the smartphone arena.