Lenovo Vibe P1m lagging

Discussion in 'Lenovo Smartphone General Discussion' started by VeronikaSaku, Jul 12, 2018.

1. VeronikaSaku

VeronikaSaku New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Lenovo Vibe P1m
    I've had Lenovo Vibe (P1ma40) for more than 2 years, the screen is bit cracked but otherwise it's in a good condition. Yesterday it suddenly started lagging - basically it lags every few seconds and after a second or two starts working again. At the same time most of the apps using internet (like Youtube, Gmail and even Google Play) stopped working. I can open them but they just get stuck on the loading screen. Some other apps like Messenger or spotify work fine tho (but they still lag).

I've done all the usual sh*t like restarting phone and wifi, checking if the system is up to date (it is) and cleared cache of all the apps. nothing helped, so I'm getting a bit desperate. Thanks for the help.

2. me just sayin

me just sayin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +4,701
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    how cracked is the screen? sometime cracked screen can cause other issues if the screen cracked edge presses onto other components

Is the phone hotter than normal?

how full is the phones storage. if too full, you can have similar problems.

also though you wiped the apps cache, did you wipe the cache partition? if not, try the following

How to Enter Lenovo Vibe P1 Recovery Mode

3. VeronikaSaku

VeronikaSaku New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Lenovo Vibe P1m

It's just a small crack at the center and it's been like this for almost a year, so I don't think that's what causes the problem.

I'd say it's normal temperature rn.

The storage was getting a little bit full lately so I deleted some stuff and now there's cca 2GB of free space.

I tried following the instructions in the link, ended up with black screen + blue/yellow text, half of it in chinese, nothing about recovery or cache.

4. me just sayin

Ratings:
    +4,701
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8

try the following, it seems to be a bit different. I got it from the lenovo forum. If it doesn't help, you may want to consider a factory restore.

- power off
    - Hold Volume up and volume down buttons and press Power button while the phone starts, after the screen powered on you can release Power button
    - After recovery opens you can release the Volume up and volume down buttons
    - Press wipe cache
    - Back
    - Reboot

Lenovo Vibe P1 wipe cacche part - Lenovo Community

• Like Like x 1
  5. VeronikaSaku

VeronikaSaku New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Lenovo Vibe P1m
    Tried it several times and I keep ending up at the same screen. I'm afraid factory restore might be my only chance to save it now. I guess I'll leave it alone for today and try it tomorrow.
    Thank you anyway :)

6. CJM

CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,892
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    I agree what @me just sayin is trying to achieve is to be the easiest/1st step I would do. But there 'might' be some translations, on Google, that would explain the options you're seeing.

But if you choose to do a Factory Reset then I suggest you have everything you need/want backed up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. me just sayin

Ratings:
    +4,701
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    Tell a bit about the phone. was it from a third party or from a service provider. the Chinese does not make semse.

8. VeronikaSaku

VeronikaSaku New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Lenovo Vibe P1m
    It was from a service provider. I did a bit of a research and I found out I accidentally got into the factory mode and not the restore mode so that's why it was in Chinese.

I actually did a hard reset today, it worked for like 5 minutes and then started lagging again. Not much help for me I guess :D

9. me just sayin

Ratings:
    +4,701
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    factory reset and hard reset are two different things. you may still need to do a factory reset. very generally speaking, factory reset means like new, nothing installed. hard reset just reset the hardware, most cases nothing is removed.

Search tags for this page
azs
best cameras

lagging lenovo p1ma40

lenovo vibe lagging
lenovo vibe p1 lagging

lenovo vibe p1m lag