Lenovo Showcases S2 Android Phone at CES

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lenovo-s2-smartphone-1.jpg

This morning, Lenovo officially debuted its smartphone, the S2, at CES. The Lenovo branded Android device has some decent mid-range specs for Lenovo's first entry into the market. The phone will actually come in two versions. One slightly more powerful than the other as far as RAM and storage space are concerned. Here's a breakdown of what they showcased:
  • 3.8-inch WVGA display
  • Heavily skinned Android 2.3 Gingerbread - ("The focus with this device falls on corporate security as it ships with a kernel-level security system for better protection of your data." ~ PhoneArena)
  • 1.4GHz single-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255
  • One version will have 512MB of RAM and 8 gigs of internal storage, and the other will have 1GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.
  • The 8-megapixel camera will be capable of 720p video footage
As noted above, the phone will come with a heavily modified version of Gingerbread, designed to appeal to corporate clientele. There is no word on when/if there will be an Ice Cream Sandwich update for this phone. They also did not provide any details on pricing, carrier or a time-frame of availability. We will keep you apprised as we find out more.

Source: PhoneArena

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Good for them, I actually like this. With the single core processor at 1.4 they can get enough speed out of it, and with the size of that I expect a massive battery with it as well. Smallish screen + big battery + single core, I'll take the massive massive batterylife that is bound to come with this phone. Good job Lenovo, there's definitely room in the market for a phone like this, especially since it's a direct target of the business community.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this will fill Blackberry's void. Needs a keyboard though.