Lenovo Reveals Beastly New K80 Smartphone with 4GB RAM and 4,000 mAh Battery

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lenovo-k80-beastly.png

It looks like Lenovo has learned a few things from Motorola after purchasing them. They are taking queues from the master mobile tech manufacturer by offering a beastly battery and impressive specs for their latest device. The phone is the K80 and it houses some cutting edge internal specs highlighted by a monstrous 4,000 mAh battery!

Here's the rest of the hardware breakdown:
  • 5.5-inch 1080p display
  • 64-bit 1.8GHz Intel Atom processor
  • 4GB RAM
  • 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with optical image stabilization
  • 64GB of internal storage
  • 4,000 mAh Battery
  • Only 8.5 millimeters despite large battery
For now, the device will only be coming to China on April 30th and will sell it for just $290. A version with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal memory will also be launched. Even if this device never comes to the US, we suspect we could see similar internals in the next Motorola device. Just awesome!

Source: GSMArena

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, I can't wait to see what lenovo has for us here in the USA going forward. Lenovo has kind of fallen out of favor in the market over the recent perhaps decade or so, but with their history of IBM and obviously being a giant in the industry at that time, and now coupled with the history of Motorola which of course is another giant in the industry perhaps this merger may bring forth some incredible innovations and the future maybe far brighter than we realize. The Moto 360 is I think just a hint of what things could come down the road. Let's see how things work out.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm curious about that Intel Atom. Is it based on their 10nm chipset?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The specs are great but be aware that there are a lot of Play Store apps that will not work on an Intel chiped phone that would otherwise work on ARM

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The specs are great but be aware that there are a lot of Play Store apps that will not work on an Intel chiped phone that would otherwise work on ARM
Interesting. That's good to know! thank you!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The performance of the chip is also fairly subpar thanks to the x86 penalty. And the battery is nice, but I'm not impressed. Blu packs an 8Ah battery in the Studio Energy. That's twice the capacity of this one.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It's interesting how so many Smartphone manufactures are releasing their products in China first.
Perhaps it's due to the masses. They get enough product out there to get critical feed back, giving them the opportunity to do some tweaks before entering the tough to crack US market...

I don't get the Intel Atom. If they bring this phone to the States they would need to change the chipset. Why not go with a more global chipset like the Mediatek MT6752, the equivalent to the Snapdragon 810. One chipset = lower cost.