Lenovo Officially Sends Out Moto 360 2 Press Invites: 'It's Time' on September 8th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-360-2-press-invite.jpeg

Lenovo is about to pull the wraps off of their latest Android Wear project, the Moto 360 2 (or whatever it will be called). They just send out the first press invites for their September 8th unveiling, simply stating, "It's time."

From previous rumors we have already been able to glean that there will likely be two different versions of the newest generation Moto 360. There should be a Moto 360L and a Moto 360S, with the former indicating a "large" version, while the later is the "small" version.

We have also caught wind that Motorola and Lenovo are working on a "Sport" version which will have enhanced water resistance and a display which is "hybridized" so it will work better in outdoor bright light conditions. This third version of the device might not make an appearance at this event though, and could instead show up later on in the year.

We will keep you folks updated with any new intel right up until the press event in a week.

Source: Lenovo Confirms Moto 360 II Launch On September 8 In Shanghai! - Gizmochina

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but the promo pic is a bit ironic given the 'ol "flat tire", no?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm gonna bet the flat tire goes away somehow. Call it a hunch.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna bet the flat tire goes away somehow. Call it a hunch.

All the leaked renders, including the Sport, have it. But that WOULD be pretty savvy of Moto to get lots of press complaining about it, and then reveal it without one.

Of course, today Moto said it's an engineering necessity because of the thin bezel. So I'm guessing the flat tire remains (and like someone said, then Moto can upgrade people next year when the third gen drop the flat tire).

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love the looks of the Huwaeii watch...But what I find kind of funny is they are claiming the "the world's most advanced heart rate monitor" and they have a barometer and, yet, no GPS.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Oh well, my (hopeful), hunch was wrong. :-(