Lenovo IdeaPad S2110 Tablet with Snapdragon S4, 10-inch Display for $350 & $50 Dock

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised. I have my "not nearly as good as this" Toshiba Thrive on my network and I just opened a HUGE Excel Spreadsheet. It works perfectly.
Sheet #1 is 35 pages and there are 27 sheets total in this spreadsheet.

Trust me when I tell you Android is ready for Primetime in the workspace. Spent a week trying to get an iPad to work on the network. Still haven't got it perfect. Spent 2 hours on the Thrive and it's perfect.

It surprises me that people think 1gb of ram isn't enough, maybe with windows but Android is definitely better and more streamlined with it's memory management. I've opened huuuge pdfs and never had a problem on any version of Android I've used.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agreed. I am ecstatic about how well this "puny" little Thrive works with my basic Windows Server system at my office.
(Note, I am the IT Manager).

I use the Android Built-in VPN to connect to my VPN server. Launch ES Strong Explorer. The Free version. And I am browsing our network. And it's fast.
I can open and edit any document in the system using the "Document to Go" App that was the FAOTD on Amazon.com.
I can open Spreadsheets, and PowerPoints with ease.

The only thing I cannot do is open a document, edit it, and save it back to the same place on the server.
This is not a big deal.

In a pinch, I can also VPN and use the free 2X Client to take remote control of my PC or any of my servers.

Getting any of this to work on bosses iPad has been a frustrating experienc and we are still trying to find the right app that works. Wasted $10 already on apps that didn't work since there were no free versions of some of them.

Anyone that thinks Android tablets aren't ready for this: have simply not tried yet.
:)

As for the Nexus7 I have zero desire for a 7" tablet. Especially one with no SD slot.
My Thrive has 48 GB of Space. (16 + 32).
I won't own a tablet with no slot.
Period.

I paid $200 for the Thrive. It's a refurb. I had been waiting and waiting and waiting.
This Lenovo would be the one I got if I was to buy now. Yes: Asus should be worried. Or they should be lowering prices.

(My other boss has the Transformer btw...)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I am ecstatic about how well this "puny" little Thrive works with my basic Windows Server system at my office.
(Note, I am the IT Manager).

I use the Android Built-in VPN to connect to my VPN server. Launch ES Strong Explorer. The Free version. And I am browsing our network. And it's fast.
I can open and edit any document in the system using the "Document to Go" App that was the FAOTD on Amazon.com.
I can open Spreadsheets, and PowerPoints with ease.

The only thing I cannot do is open a document, edit it, and save it back to the same place on the server.
This is not a big deal.

In a pinch, I can also VPN and use the free 2X Client to take remote control of my PC or any of my servers.

Getting any of this to work on bosses iPad has been a frustrating experienc and we are still trying to find the right app that works. Wasted $10 already on apps that didn't work since there were no free versions of some of them.

Anyone that thinks Android tablets aren't ready for this: have simply not tried yet.
:)

I'm going to be the it manager at a new business I'm launching with a friend and he mentioned ipad to which i replied "if I'm your IT manager then we are boycotting apple and I'll get you an Android that works."

He seemed confused but said alright i trust you.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it had the resolution of the Asus Transformer Infinity and a statement that it will in fact receive JB, I'd definitely get this.