Lenovo Gets in On the Giant Phone Game with 6-Inch Vibe Z2 Pro

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lenovo_vibe_z2_pro_official-630x472.jpg

Two comments come readily regarding Lenovo's new 6-Inch phablet called the Vibe Z2 Pro. First, that is a really good looking device! Second, dang that's a huge device!

I guess if you love ginormous phones, then this is one that should be on your short list. It's specs are pretty impressive as well as those gorgeous good looks. Here's the breakdown,
  • 6-inch display with 2560×1440 resolution (Quad HD) with 490 ppi
  • Covered in metal within a 7.7mm thin body.
  • Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 801 CPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 4000mAh battery
  • 16MP camera on the back has a back-illuminated sensor along with optical image stabilization
  • Video recording at 4K resolution
  • black, white, and gold colors
Availability and pricing details are scarce at this time, but we will share more info as it emerges.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is that the Nexus 6?

Ok making light of moto (now owned by Lenovo) rumored to make a 5.9inch phone. Yeah I know phablets are in and I personally do not mind the note 2. But can I add 2 suggestions.

• if you are going to make a phablet a stylus with not taking software should come standard. The reason the note 2 size works so well is that you can somewhat justify it for business as well as media
  • Think it is time to set a cap on what we call a phablet
Google/Motorola if you are watching please do not just make a phone big just for the sake of being big. If I wanted a large device the nexus 7 will do. Either find some x factor to justify the size or keep it between 5.1-5.4

Lastly on lenovo, it do not look that bad but I just feel like it is one of those phones that is big just to be big. Ill have to see if there are more features involved.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I actually LIKE the way this phone looks. I think a lot of people like softer edges but I like the cut block look. It just looks clean to me.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I love the look and aesthetics of this device as well. I'm not too hyped on the size though. Seeing people talk on these huge phones is a site to behold (I experienced it this weekend and had a good laugh)

Great looking handset from Lenovo though, just needs to be sized down.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
^^^^^^ Agreed.. I saw a person talking into a device the size of an n7 tablet.. He was a pretty big guy... But it definitely made me laugh.. I would definitely consider a bluetooth or something, if i had a phone that big..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love the look and aesthetics of this device as well. I'm not too hyped on the size though. Seeing people talk on these huge phones is a site to behold (I experienced it this weekend and had a good laugh)

Great looking handset from Lenovo though, just needs to be sized down.

^^^^^^ Agreed.. I saw a person talking into a device the size of an n7 tablet.. He was a pretty big guy... But it definitely made me laugh.. I would definitely consider a bluetooth or something, if i had a phone that big..

fonepad_looking_idiotic.png

^what that is not cool ?

original.jpg

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Roflol. It looks like a celebs attempt at being incognito.. Lol..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Looking at the video. I like "pro" mode on the camera...