Left Verizon To Tmobile Now going back to Verizon

Mike8016

Reaction score
On sunday I decided to switch my moms and my line to tmobile. I looked at the coverage maps and felt t mobile would be well suited for my area. After giving a couple days, i started dropping calls in areas i never had before and sometimes i couldn't get a call to go through. I called verizon today and they are sending us both note 4 (we signed up for edge) and giving us $150.00 on each line credit. I now owe t mobile 75.00 each for the phones for the restocking fee but i felt this was a solid deal. We all like to give verizon crap with their high bills and phones loaded with bloatware, but i come to realize that the coverage is way better and these minor issues i can live with.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It's all about which service is best in your area. Luckily for me I was able to cut my bill in half by switching to Tmo and keep the same reception as AT&T.

The Note 4 is a great phone.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
It's all about which service is best in your area. Luckily for me I was able to cut my bill in half by switching to Tmo and keep the same reception as AT&T.

The Note 4 is a great phone.
Yeah I agree. I was trying to do the same thing and save us money but it didn't work out. I'm glad it works for you. There seems to be a lot of perks with T-Mobile such a unlimited and free music streaming. Im just glad I didn't switch my whole family over. It would have been quite a headache.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
We did the free 7 day test drive with TMobile before committing. If they didn't have that I never would have switched.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was with T-Mobile for about 6 months and had stellar reception and call quality until my world expanded into western Virginia and West Virginia.
I just switched to AT&T and got a Note4 with them.
I'm not going back to Verizon unless as an absolute last resort.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You shouldn't have to pay restocking fee bc your leaving bc service your not satisfied.. Call customer service to get refund if you paid fee...

Tap'd by Big 6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My parents had to get Verizon when they immigrated into Northwest, West Virginia. They can't go with any other carrier.

First words out of my mother's mouth to the sales rep regarding the cost of the plan was "Surely you are kidding me, right?"

They didn't pay a fraction of the U.S. cost while in Europe.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You shouldn't have to pay restocking fee bc your leaving bc service your not satisfied.. Call customer service to get refund if you paid fee...

Tap'd by Big 6

It would not surprise me if they waived the fee. They have been waiving all sorts of fees for us. Their customer care is good.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My parents had to get Verizon when they immigrated into Northwest, West Virginia. They can't go with any other carrier.

First words out of my mother's mouth to the sales rep regarding the cost of the plan was "Surely you are kidding me, right?"

They didn't pay a fraction of the U.S. cost while in Europe.
I was roaming on AT&T in places where my wife, on Verizon, had no signal.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I was roaming on AT&T in places where my wife, on Verizon, had no signal.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I've said it before, but Verizon talks a lot of smack about their network coverage. AT&T has a much better footprint when you leave the suburbs and need a signal the most.

Their costs will come down too. TMobile is slashing prices. Sprint is slashing prices. The Big Two will have to follow suit as well.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
We had one job working at a house in the middle of nowhere. My boss told me to use their house phone if I needed to contact him. I asked him why? He said because the cell reception is really bad. I told him it is for him but not for me. He has an iPhone on AT&T and at the time I had my DINC 2 and I had better reception there than at my own house. It all depends on where you live. I'm all over South Jersey with my job. Some areas are very rural. I've always had a signal. Maybe not for data but I'm always able to make a call or text.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
On sunday I decided to switch my moms and my line to tmobile. I looked at the coverage maps and felt t mobile would be well suited for my area. After giving a couple days, i started dropping calls in areas i never had before and sometimes i couldn't get a call to go through. I called verizon today and they are sending us both note 4 (we signed up for edge) and giving us $150.00 on each line credit. I now owe t mobile 75.00 each for the phones for the restocking fee but i felt this was a solid deal. We all like to give verizon crap with their high bills and phones loaded with bloatware, but i come to realize that the coverage is way better and these minor issues i can live with.
Mike, I don't understand a few things.

Why didn't you do the test drive first?

Also, if you had a newer VZ phone, you could have popped in that TMO sim and had a half-judgemental viewpoint of TMO. My wife switched from ATT. She loves it. I popped in the sim into my note 3. I didn't have the best coverage. Granted, I was missing a band that she had, but, even us being together and going to some of those places she'd drop to E while I was still LTE.

Finally, the return fee should be only $50, and not $75. Dunno if it's because you could have bought the phones from a 3rd party source that made it higher though. You might wanna call customer service and alert them about that. They might waive it for you.

The one thing about TMO is that they WILL waive stuff. The thing I still loathe is how I tried signing up for TMO last year via a rep on a message board and he bofangaled all my contact info up! Then, my phones were backordered, BUT, my bills weren't. So, I was racking up hundreds of dollars while waiting on stuff I never received! Took various phone calls, but they finally zero'd me out. Even sent TMO a letter to remove the hard credit pull and they did. I apperciated that..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
We did the free 7 day test drive with TMobile before committing. If they didn't have that I never would have switched.
Was that the trial where they send you an iPhone 6? I considered doing that, but I'm wondering how "pain free" it really is. Is it really as simple as saying "no thanks" and sending the iPhone 6 back to a store?

Bratster2

Reaction score
Was that the trial where they send you an iPhone 6? I considered doing that, but I'm wondering how "pain free" it really is. Is it really as simple as saying "no thanks" and sending the iPhone 6 back to a store?
You have to physically bring it back to an official t-mobile store.

Which sucks for me cause the closest one is 2 hours one way drive.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
When I had problems with TMO about service at my home....they tried everything short of building a new tower. They said they were going to. Then after 6 months, I got them to release me with no ETF fees. Then two weeks later....received a bill for a months worth of service I never used or received. There still trying to collect $100 from me. And I keep refusing to pay.