Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Left Lane Drivers Unite!

slower_traffic.gif

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I might get the one with <---Slower Traffic , but I don't think these drivers are using the rear view mirror , otherwise they would have already noticed the constant mile long line behind them .
I like the Germany's highways , although they are traveling at constant speeds of 150+ MPH and there is no speed limit , except couple of sections , there are far less accidents than in US . Over there it's illegal to travel on the left lane if you are not overpassing and you must have a minimum 15 MPH speed difference to overpass , get back in lane as soon as possible , it's illegal to overpass on the right lane and if you see a car approaching from behind you must move over as soon as possible .

sic0048

Reaction score
What I don't get is that probably 50% of the people that complain about left lane drivers are....... left lane drivers themselves. They just get mad when someone is going slower than they are. They still don't care about the traffic behind them.

The left lane is suppose to be for passing only. This means you do not ride in the left lane at all. In other words, don't drive in the left lane and then move to the right after someone comes up behind you. If someone pulls up next to you on the right side - you are in the wrong lane. It is simple as that. It doesn't matter if there is enough space to finish the pass. If you had been riding in the right lane, the car would have been able to pass on the left and you would have been able to move over to the left to pass the slower cars in front of you. No one would have been slowed down in that situation. But that isn't how it works in the US at least.

How about the people that you see getting onto the highway that immediately (even dangerously) move over 3 or 4 lanes into the left lane and just ride there.

To be honest, traffic should be all the way over into the right lane and then use the rest of the lanes for passing. That would provide the most streamlined traffic flow. But that is simply wishful thinking.

I use to be a middle lane rider, but have been converted to right lane riding now. I move over to the other lanes to pass. Actually many times it is better to be riding in the right lane because no one ever does. It is the clearest lane of traffic many times.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How about the people that you see getting onto the highway that immediately (even dangerously) move over 3 or 4 lanes into the left lane and just ride there.

This is exactly what I hate. I've almost hit quite a few doing this same thing. They want to get over but then are going slower then everyone else. I do agree that way too many people ride the left lane that shouldn't be there in the first place, and also agree with you that people shouldn't ride the left lane just because they can. It's there for a reason, and not many that drive know what that reason is. The same thing can be said about blinkers, where i live, i'm sure that people think blinkers were put on cars for emergency reasons only, because that's the only time i ever see them being used.

celborn

Reaction score
I completely agree, unfortunately I live in maryland, one of the few states that have no left-lane law what so ever which makes my morning commute oh-so-frustrating.
+1 for a kick a$$ product

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Most of the time I prefer to drive into the right lane also because it's the clearest , for example today I was able do go at a constant speed of 65 MPH for almost 20 miles , never going under 50 on a 4 lane highway were everybody on the left most lane was going around 35MPH , slower than all the other lanes .
Or how about those people that stop in the middle of the highway just to change lanes .

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well in front of my condos we have 2 lanes and 1/2 the time I want to try and make a left out of the place, some idiot is in the left lane riding it, making it impossible for me to merge. But the whole, left lane is for passing only, I'm not sure applies here becaise the speed limit is only 35...

OP
Backnblack

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I completely agree, unfortunately I live in maryland, one of the few states that have no left-lane law what so ever which makes my morning commute oh-so-frustrating.
+1 for a kick a$$ product

Maryland here as well.....I ride the left lane to give myself an out....I would rather dice into the median than have cars on both sides of me with no where to go when something happens...

celborn

Reaction score
Lol tell me about it. I go back and forth between DC and ATL.

from Tapatalk widget

Oh DC is a whole other beast, it would seem to me that the traffic' laws' are but very loose regulations most of the time

WhiskeySix

Reaction score
[video=youtube;1B-Ox0ZmVIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU]YouTube - 55: A Meditation on the Speed Limit (Extended Cut)[/video]

ROFL