Left Lane Drivers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Backnblack, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

2. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

I might get the one with <---Slower Traffic , but I don't think these drivers are using the rear view mirror , otherwise they would have already noticed the constant mile long line behind them .
    I like the Germany's highways , although they are traveling at constant speeds of 150+ MPH and there is no speed limit , except couple of sections , there are far less accidents than in US . Over there it's illegal to travel on the left lane if you are not overpassing and you must have a minimum 15 MPH speed difference to overpass , get back in lane as soon as possible , it's illegal to overpass on the right lane and if you see a car approaching from behind you must move over as soon as possible .
  3. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

Lol. I would start a national campaign on this.
    Hahaha

from Tapatalk widget
  4. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I love it! Move biatch!get out tha way.
  5. sic0048

sic0048 New Member

What I don't get is that probably 50% of the people that complain about left lane drivers are....... left lane drivers themselves. They just get mad when someone is going slower than they are. They still don't care about the traffic behind them.

The left lane is suppose to be for passing only. This means you do not ride in the left lane at all. In other words, don't drive in the left lane and then move to the right after someone comes up behind you. If someone pulls up next to you on the right side - you are in the wrong lane. It is simple as that. It doesn't matter if there is enough space to finish the pass. If you had been riding in the right lane, the car would have been able to pass on the left and you would have been able to move over to the left to pass the slower cars in front of you. No one would have been slowed down in that situation. But that isn't how it works in the US at least.

How about the people that you see getting onto the highway that immediately (even dangerously) move over 3 or 4 lanes into the left lane and just ride there.

To be honest, traffic should be all the way over into the right lane and then use the rest of the lanes for passing. That would provide the most streamlined traffic flow. But that is simply wishful thinking.

I use to be a middle lane rider, but have been converted to right lane riding now. I move over to the other lanes to pass. Actually many times it is better to be riding in the right lane because no one ever does. It is the clearest lane of traffic many times.
  6. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

This is exactly what I hate. I've almost hit quite a few doing this same thing. They want to get over but then are going slower then everyone else. I do agree that way too many people ride the left lane that shouldn't be there in the first place, and also agree with you that people shouldn't ride the left lane just because they can. It's there for a reason, and not many that drive know what that reason is. The same thing can be said about blinkers, where i live, i'm sure that people think blinkers were put on cars for emergency reasons only, because that's the only time i ever see them being used.
  7. celborn

celborn New Member

I completely agree, unfortunately I live in maryland, one of the few states that have no left-lane law what so ever which makes my morning commute oh-so-frustrating.
    +1 for a kick a$$ product

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

Most of the time I prefer to drive into the right lane also because it's the clearest , for example today I was able do go at a constant speed of 65 MPH for almost 20 miles , never going under 50 on a 4 lane highway were everybody on the left most lane was going around 35MPH , slower than all the other lanes .
    Or how about those people that stop in the middle of the highway just to change lanes .
  9. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Well in front of my condos we have 2 lanes and 1/2 the time I want to try and make a left out of the place, some idiot is in the left lane riding it, making it impossible for me to merge. But the whole, left lane is for passing only, I'm not sure applies here becaise the speed limit is only 35...
  10. Backnblack

Maryland here as well.....I ride the left lane to give myself an out....I would rather dice into the median than have cars on both sides of me with no where to go when something happens...
  11. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

Lol tell me about it. I go back and forth between DC and ATL.

from Tapatalk widget
  12. celborn

celborn New Member

Oh DC is a whole other beast, it would seem to me that the traffic' laws' are but very loose regulations most of the time

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  13. NoKz

NoKz New Member

My truck buddies have that and some say "Move Over".
  14. WhiskeySix

WhiskeySix New Member

ROFL
  15. Backnblack

Didn't they get arrested for pulling that crap?
  16. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

I've ordered one with move over :icon_evil:

In 10 years since I'm driving , today was the first time when somebody flipped me off in traffic and it was a left lane driver . I was on a 50 MPH , 2 lane road and it was clear for miles ahead . In the first lane there were 3 cars doing 40 and on the second lane there was this lady driving in parallel with the other three . I stayed behind for one mile and when I saw that she has no intention to overtake , I got closer to her car and she gave me the finger continuing her cruise in parallel with the other 3 cars for the next 3 miles where my exit was . WTF
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  17. garrett

garrett New Member Theme Developer Developer

if you think its bad where you live come to florida... all we have are idiot canadians, dumba** new yorkers, and retard toursits. oh yeah the over 90 year olds too..

nobody here looks to see where they go they drive 35 in the fast lane then go from the left all the way to the right in a split second because they just passed the beach exit.

oh yeah not to mention the idiots that completely stop and get out of the car to take a picture on a main road.
  18. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

I genuinely hate people. Its mostly for this reason.