left Evo for DX today... VERY happy but have questions

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by tha5150, Sep 14, 2010.

1. tha5150

tha5150 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i could make a mail shortcut on a screen for Gmail and Exchange and would show a 1 or 2 etc for emails in that account.. am i missing that option or is it not avaliable? only notification is in the status bar?

camera doesnt seem to be setup correctly, nor does the video.. any tips?

fyi, i am still on 2.1....

2. Technoman

Technoman Member

Ratings:
    +0

Long press on the home screen, select "shortcuts", then scroll down and find "messaging". Click that to place on your home screen. Now 1 click access to all of your active accounts with indicators for new messages in each account.

3. chefb

chefb Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Why would you change from evo tips dx

4. tha5150

tha5150 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I changed from the Evo cause it had an emulated active sync program and does not sync to the global address list at my company with exchange server 2003. I run the IT Helpdesk for my company and also advise my director on which phones are good for us... The Evo is not an option...

I tried this messages icon and it isn't what I was talking about... Thanks though..
    I want an icon that says gmail and exchange and has the icon for number of emails directly on the first screen.. So there is a plain notification of which email account has emails.

being new to this phone I don't know how to post a pic for reference but I am sure you get what I am saying.

heading to bed with our newborn little girl. Hope to have answers in the morning our I will post pics

5. JBHorner

JBHorner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Evo will do a lookup in the GAL, but it doesn't replicate it down. I don't know that the Droid X does either, but I'm not an expert in this area. I do like how the Droid X will do "look-ahead" when typing a name.

Hopefully your ActiveSync won't do what mine does occasionally on the Droid X--two messages for every one received. (i.e., duplicates) I am also on 2003.

Joel

6. tha5150

tha5150 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The "look ahead" option is huge for us. We have a large sprint account and was able to wave the cancelation charge and gave the evo to another IT user. For the sales force they all get the iphone or droid x going forward.

7. DaRkL3AD3R

DaRkL3AD3R New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For camera tips, just wipe the lens everytime you shoot, and always always shoot with any case you have taken off. It can mess with the shutter button.

Also, I force ISO to 100. It helps bigtime with noise.

8. accellpo

accellpo Member

Ratings:
    +0

Launcher Pro has this feature. You can set a gmail icon in the bottom dock and it'll display the number of unread emails you have. I know it works for gmail, sms, and calls. Not sure if it works for the exchange accounts. I haven't used launcher pro in a while, and when I did, it was the free version which i'm sure has less features than the paid version.. Maybe someone else can chime in with more input.

Anyway, congrats on your precious little girl. I have a daughter(7yrs old) and they're just so amazing! Of course they have us dads wrapped around their little fingers.LOL :)

#8 accellpo, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  9. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,848
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I think there's an app in the market called something like gmail unread. It does what you're talking about. I COULD be wrong though. I KNOW there's one for sms unread, but I'm sure I've seen a gmail one. Not sure about exchange...

Emitted from X.

10. tha5150

tha5150 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    got the Gmail Unread app.. thanks!

Exchange is a must though, i need to figure this out

11. jlutz555

jlutz555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SMS Unread Count
    Widgets for number of gmails, sms and missed calls.
    1x1 Ultimate Unread Widget
    This one will do all email accounts but is a paid app.

12. tha5150

tha5150 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for this.. will the 1x1 widget let me have an exchange icon and a gmail icon and have the respective number count on top or is it a completely different icon/widget that shows all email as numbered icons on top of it?

Search tags for this page

exchange server nexus icon show number of emails