LeEco Livestream

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

This Chinese company made headlines by buying Vizio earlier this year. Now they will be making some more headlines by continuing to spread their brand. You can check out more info on LeEco here.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They're supposedly launching into the US with this event and have a wide range of products. I was reading an article on them today. Interesting. They started as a video streaming service.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Le jokes.....

:rolleyes:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I fell asleep. I don't do well with press conferences unless it is short and to the point. @Jonny Kansas was in the YT chat chatting away so I am sure he paid better attention.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I fell asleep. I don't do well with press conferences unless it is short and to the point. @Jonny Kansas was in the YT chat chatting away so I am sure he paid better attention.
Spent more time chatting in there than I did paying attention. I think it's great that they have partners behind them, but I don't get why they brought some of them up. Even the guy from Vice seemed confused as to what to do after he was done talking.

Just introduce the company, which I could actually skip, and then the products.

The phone looks like a nice device. Price is insanely reasonable for the specs, imo.

I did speak with some folks in the chat that've used LeEco devices and they said their UI is pretty much garbage, though consensus was that it's still better than Huawei's flavor of android.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also, I only watched through the phone presentation. The electric bike and car, while cool concepts, don't really grab me as something that I might be purchasing any time soon.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
7ft TV uMax85 or some God awful name.

Le Pro 3
Snapdragon 821
4GB RAM
4070 mAh battery
5.5" Full HD Display
64GB storage on-board
$399

Le S3 (or something)
Snapdragon 625 (or thereabouts)
5.5" display
$249 (I think)

Special $100 of flash sale on both phones at Le mall on November 2nd.

That's all I remember off the top of my head.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Spent more time chatting in there than I did paying attention. I think it's great that they have partners behind them, but I don't get why they brought some of them up. Even the guy from Vice seemed confused as to what to do after he was done talking.

Just introduce the company, which I could actually skip, and then the products.

The phone looks like a nice device. Price is insanely reasonable for the specs, imo.

I did speak with some folks in the chat that've used LeEco devices and they said their UI is pretty much garbage, though consensus was that it's still better than Huawei's flavor of android.

So they will need to rely on devs, hopefully it can be unlocked and rooted easily. With that said, I would rather pay a little more for a phone that is good both in hardware and in software vs skim and get a cheaper phone that is great in hardware but the software get in the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So they will need to rely on devs, hopefully it can be unlocked and rooted easily. With that said, I would rather pay a little more for a phone that is good both in hardware in software vs skim and get a cheaper phone that is great in hardware but the software get in the way.
According to a guy in the chat during the stream, the source code has already been released, so that may not be a big deal.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
So they will need to rely on devs, hopefully it can be unlocked and rooted easily. With that said, I would rather pay a little more for a phone that is good both in hardware and in software vs skim and get a cheaper phone that is great in hardware but the software get in the way.
This has always been my motto with ALL electronics over the years. (& vehicles for that matter)

S5 tap'n

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
784-With-No-Major-Surface-Upgrade-on-Radar-Apple.jpg

WOW, grand opening

Grand closing.

That was a quick fall. I guess they tried to do too much too soon. From looking to take down Apple to taking down desks, not good.

I'm sure Apple's CEO is smiling right now.

Report: LeEco to lay off over 80 percent of U.S. workforce tomorrow amid restructuring