LED steady instead of blinking

newparadigm

Reaction score
I am currently running Sapphire 0.8.4 with Emerald theme. All is good except the LED notifications are steady on instead of blinking. Not a big deal, but it annoys me. Anyone else had a similar issue or any ideas as to cause/remedy? I tried wiping and reflashing, no dice.

OP
N

newparadigm

Reaction score
Solved

Eventually solved it. I changed everything multiple times, but had no success until after I reformatted my sd card, and it still happened. After that I figured it must be a setting stored in my Google account, so after dropping the bomb on everything, I reinstalled Kangerade (has been the smoothest for me) and unchecked "back up Google account settings" and voila, success!

bkd11

Reaction score
I'm having this same issue. I tried wiping data then unchecked "back up Google account settings" but notification led is solid green (not blinking). I also tried wiping everything except the sdcard and installed the 0.9.5 test build, same thing.

Edit: Got it working, it does indeed have to do with the automatic restore settings. This must be a pretty rare problem since nobody else has chimed in, besides myself. But just in case this happens to someone else, here's what I had to do.

After doing a data wipe and re-flashing, during the initial setup check "Set up Google account later". Then go to "Settings/Privacy" and uncheck both "Automatic restore" and "Back up my data" in that order, just unchecking the latter doesn't seem to be enough. Then go back and login to your Google account. After that you can enable the automatic restore settings again if you want and the problem is fixed.

Last edited:
OP
N

newparadigm

Reaction score
Nice clarification.

I still wonder what causes the issue.

leftbrain99

Reaction score
Very strange. I see no reason why LED notification settings would be stored in the cloud. It's always been a device setting. Do other device settings (haptic feedback, vibrate, etc.) get backed up?

area52

Reaction score
I'm considering giving this rom a look. Quick question, are the led notifications enabled to show while the screen is on?

captdroid

Reaction score
I'm considering giving this rom a look. Quick question, are the led notifications enabled to show while the screen is on?

led blink on while screen is on is an option in GEM settings

jk5836

Reaction score
Alright, so this just happened to me this week. I had missed call installed (for a while) and I thought it was that, so I uninstalled and no luck. I was one of the people who received FRG22B and figured it had to be that (still not sure). I just don't want my LED to burn out because I swear it has gotten dimmer since this has happened. I don't really want to wipe data every time this happens. Has anyone found out a file that they were able to remove via computer? I have a feeling there is a setting that gets into a cache somewhere on the phone and from there game over....There has to be another way to get it out of there. If I find anything I will let you know, please do the same for me. Thanks.