LED Program Will Mess up Status LED Light

Reaction score
Today I made the mistake of downloading a program called "Blink - Flash LED Your Way". I would highly recommend to not download this program. Especially if you own a Droid X. I don't know about the OG Droid or other Droid variations, but I know for sure that not only does this program not work on the X but it will mess up your LED status light.

I downloaded it and messed around with all the options. Not only did I not see different colors, I saw none at all. So I uninstalled it and rebooted my phone. The normal battery green light came back, but after a while it also disappeared again. When it's gone you can barely see a faint color of the one that I selected. So I guess on some field it works but works horribly. So just a heads up to anyone that stumbles across this program or is thinking about getting it. Stay away!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I downloaded this app bout 4 days ago & I haven't had any problems with it. It actually has worked more consistently for me than the app missed call.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Android Maniac
Reaction score
Well you have a Droid X as well, I don't see how it works for you, that's crazy. It doesn't work at all for me, I really wish it did, because I'd love to have new colors for the status light. It was defective for me but if it works for you that is good. But I would still warn others about messing with it, it could permanently mess up your status light, because I know that it messed with mine outside of the programs original parameters.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
These are the LEDs I am using & the related app...

Blink
SMS/MMS: Red
Missed Call: Pink
Low Battery: Yellow (cannot confirm this one works)

Missed Call
BT Connected: Blue
Calendar Event: Green

Gmail Notifier
Gmail msg: Magenta

I disabled LED notifications in all other apps (i.e. handcent). I have noticed that if my bluetooth is connected, I will not get any other LED notifications for sms, calls, etc. The LED only blinks if the screen is off. I really wish there was one good app that did all of them..

Sent from my DROIDX