1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

LED notifications gone on bionic

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by MJCaboose, Dec 28, 2011.

1. MJCaboose

MJCaboose New Member

I've searched everwhere I can think of, even these boards, and can't find an answer to this one - but right after the update, my LED notifications stopped showing up. I need to use these at work because I have to keep my phone on silent and this way I can look at the phone and see if I have an email or text waiting without having to wake it up.

I called Verizon, troubleshooted, factory reset - nothing. They sent me a refurbished phone (great, $300 for a new phone 4 months ago, they send me a refurb. Not thrilled.) And that didn't solve the problem. Still have no LED indicator light flashing.

I even tried Lightflow. Set everything up, went to "test notification" and nothing. Even the Lightflow test failed.

Anyone?
  2. debrad0307

debrad0307 New Member

Sometimes you have to have the screen off for the notifications to work. Try using lightflow for awhile. Also, keep in mind the the light is TINY and if you're not looking for it you won't notice it

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC
  3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

The leds don't show if the screen is on... but if it is off, you should see them... have you also tried setting them in the individual apps... email, sms, etc?

~it's not just a phone~
  4. Hiker5208

Hiker5208 New Member

You are not using an app called Enhanced Email are you? I know there are some known issues with notification LED on the app right now and the author is working on it.
  5. al23

al23 New Member

This is not an ideal answer, but I was able to get mine to work. I use Light Flow. But here is the kicker: I stumbled upon this solution because I am using one of the ICS ROMs (doesn't matter which one) on a rooted phone. It doesn't seem to work in stock ROM, Eclipse or Liberty.

It makes no sense to me that I have to do all this to get the LED to work. And neither Verizon nor Motorola seems interested in acknowledging, much less addressing the problem.
Search tags for this page

does droid bionic have led notification

no led after update droid bionic