LED notifications don't work

dbronstein

Reaction score
I recently got a Note 4 and the LED notifications don't work. The setting is checked to turn them on. I've tried searching for fixes, and most of them refer to settings that don't seem to exist on my phone.I came across a mention of dialing *#9#* or something like that to test the LED and I can't get that to work, so I don't know if the LED even works or not. How do I get it to work?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Try doing a battery pull for ten minutes and then power it up and see if that works. If not you may need to do a factory data reset....that should fix you up. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
I did the battery pull and it still doesn't work. I'm not doing a factory reset because it was done before I got the phone (I got it used), and it will take me 3 hours to get everything set up again.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Your only other option at this point (and short of taking it in for service) would be to download an app such as NoLed. (Free in the Play Store) I used this app for years on my Android devices that didn't have a built in led and it worked great.

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
I've seen a few posts where people say they tested the led but don't say how to do it. Does anyone know how to do that?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There are notification apps that will allow you to select the color of led for whichever notification...

If the note edge and note 4 are similar.. When I power off or power on..my led is purple..so if you don't see an led when powering on..you have a good chance at needing an led repair..the good thing is its Samsung..there are sooooo many repair places that can do this probably for a hundred or less..

Liteflow I believe would be a good app to use to try to see if your led is working .

Reactions: cr6

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Does it turn on when the phone is plugged in?

Where did you get the phone? Is it a genuine note 4? Has the screen been replaced?

Note 4tified