LED light won't stop blinking

DC4MVP

Reaction score
It's been going on since the update. I have it set so when I get a text (using Handcent), it blinks blue. If I get a text and open it, it will stop blinking most of the time like it should. Every 7-10 texts, it will just keep blinking and blinking and blinking even if there's no messages.

To get it to stop, I have to shut the phone off and reboot.

I tried changing the settings via handcent but nothing is working so far.

Thoughts?

roboblazer

Reaction score
It seems the update has reeked havoc with the droids lighting system. I signed into the forums hoping to get to the bottom of my button lights blacking out only to read of multiple lighting issues. I must admit my problem is less annoying that the blinking LED issue. Perhaps you can turn off the notifications all together. Other than that we can only hope that the next update elevates our woes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

teanpa

Reaction score
It's been going on since the update. I have it set so when I get a text (using Handcent), it blinks blue. If I get a text and open it, it will stop blinking most of the time like it should. Every 7-10 texts, it will just keep blinking and blinking and blinking even if there's no messages.

To get it to stop, I have to shut the phone off and reboot.

I tried changing the settings via handcent but nothing is working so far.

Thoughts?

I did this. It fixed not only my keyboard issue, but my navigation and notification light issue. Try it!!!
Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Multitouch Keyboard>General Settings>Uncheck Next Word Prediction.

I also unchecked: - "Vibrate on keypress." And I clearned learned words. Not sure if those two changes made a difference.

Good luck!

jbuccolo

Reaction score
"Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Multitouch Keyboard>General Settings>Uncheck Next Word Prediction."

This worked for me, my light was blinking green even when i had read all my emails, this seems to have helped

thanks

FLE

Reaction score
Led

My suggestion is to look at what apps you have installed and see if one is an RSS feed or ticker or message app. I have an app on my D3 called mr. number when I enable it and put my phone on silent the led will not stop flashing blue till I turn the silent off. My first guess is its an app causing the problem. Its possible you have a app on your Droid that is default set to silent and you do not know it. This will cause the LED to flash untill you read what the message is. next step and last resort do a factory reset.

sarajozwik

Reaction score
I have tried the steps outlined in the replies above (and didn't have next word prediction selected) and this still won't stop. Here is my quick back story.... I use handcent messaging, if that makes a difference. I downloaded Light Flow (the free version) and used it for at least 8 months to provide different colored notifications for things like gmail, sms/mms, missed calls, etc... I found that it got buggy once or twice and just uninstalled and reinstalled it to get rid of the issues. Today, my phone started blinking yellow, which isn't even a color I used with light flow, so I uninstalled it and tried another app, Blink. I didn't like that one because it didn't allow a color choice for emails, which are the majority of my notifications, and it also didn't get rid of the yellow blinking, so I also got rid of that one.

Several hours later, what I have noticed is that it only blinks yellow when I turn the screen off. If the screen is on, it doesn't do anything, but as soon as I turn it off, it starts blinking yellow and doesn't stop. THE RESOLUTION: I did a battery pull (after uninstalling light flow and blink) and the yellow light went away. I sent myself an email from my computer to test, and as soon as the email came through I got a green blink (good thing!), so the bottom line is.... try a battery pull first before anything else. Why do I always forget these simple things?!?

Last edited: