LED light wont go off

amberleemarie

Reaction score
I love my pro so much but the last two days my led red light wont go off. Ive tried everything. Battery pull does nothing. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
No clue. I've had the phone for a week and not had this happen. I have changed no LED settings (don't even know how to change that setting). I think you have an anomalous phone.

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Battery charge?

Is the battery charged? I think the red LED comes on with low batt level. Bring it to Verizon. Maybe switch out the battery.

OP
A

amberleemarie

Reaction score
Yes it charged. Factory reset will reset everything and delete my apps right? Guess i have no choice.

Reaction score
The red LED notification light only goes off when your battery is below 10%. If this is not working for you then you may need a new battery.

bwhite757

Reaction score
I would check your running applications. You may have a rogue 3rd party app causing this issue.

On your home screen hit the menu key- > Settings -> Applications- > Running Services. Inspect all of the services and end all the 3rd party apps you see. This may fix the problem and narrow down the bad app.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

DroidToro

Reaction score
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I have the same issue. There is a red LED that is always lit in the upper left hand corner. It stays lit as long as the battery is in the phone. I mean ALWAYS lit, even before the moto M splash screen comes on before the phone boots. It is lit ALWAYS if the phone is on, off, booting, shutting down, battery full, battery <5%, always, always,always as long as there is battery power, it is lit. The light is pretty dim and does not seem to affect battery life too bad. I get 13-14 hours on the extended battery.

The only reason I have not warranty exchanged it yet is because it's a work issued phone and the people who manage our phones are a nightmare to deal with. I have to constantly harass them to get anything done.

tt07

Reaction score
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I have the same issue. There is a red LED that is always lit in the upper left hand corner. It stays lit as long as the battery is in the phone. I mean ALWAYS lit, even before the moto M splash screen comes on before the phone boots. It is lit ALWAYS if the phone is on, off, booting, shutting down, battery full, battery <5%, always, always,always as long as there is battery power, it is lit. The light is pretty dim and does not seem to affect battery life too bad. I get 13-14 hours on the extended battery.

The only reason I have not warranty exchanged it yet is because it's a work issued phone and the people who manage our phones are a nightmare to deal with. I have to constantly harass them to get anything done.

Its not the actual LED notification light, it's a sensor for while talking on the phone it will shut the screen off when held up against your face. I dont know what else that sensor is used for but thats just what I've noticed.

Check out this thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-discussions/122628-red-notification-light-help.html