LED Light Malfunction

jenna0713

Reaction score
Okay so I have a Droid 2 that I got a while ago. I recently got updated to the "gingerbread" software and my phone's green LED light wont stop flashing!! It flashes when I lock it and charge it. It turns off when I unlock it, but the thing is, it flashes when I have NO new notifications. I tried pulling the battery out, but when I put it back in, it returned to doing the same thing... what do I need to do to make it work?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry to say I have not seen people report that issue. Th only other thing i would recommend, besides pulling the battery which you have done, is performing a factory reset. Warning though, it does erase all your apps, settings, and anything you have done to the phone.

MarkPhlipy

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to see I'm not the ONLY one, which means there are probably a lot of others who are seeing it and just live with it. Since the 2.3.3 update my "green light" comes on for no apparent reason and flashes, no matter what I do to reset...save of course the dreaded (and quite frankly, weak) "factory reset." I say weak, because in this world of technical marvels and advanced software engineers, I cannot fathom why erasing your phone is the only way to "fix" a problem.

I wish these Android developers would help us poor end-users make our phones better instead of more troublesome...had nothing but trouble since this 2.3.3 update, and no, I'm not rooted. *sigh* okay, rant over. But if anyone comes up with an answer to the green flashy light thingy, I'm all ears...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App