LED Flash not working

rastephens

Reaction score
Help! I was trying to take some pictures in low light tonight with my Motorola Droid, and I discovered that the flash isn't working right. It lights up long enough for the focus to lock, and then goes dark. I have tried adjusting all the camera settings, turned the flash on and off, pulled the battery and restarted the phone, but I get the same result everytime. Anyone else have this problem, or have any ideas?

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Did you try actually taking the picture after the flash went dark? On my phone, the flash lights up, the camera focuses, then the LED goes out (and the screen goes dark, unfortunately).

But when I press the camera button all the way, to actually take the pic, the flash lights up again and the pic is taken normally.

pmurphy

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever resolve it? I can't take pictures in anything other than ideal lighting conditions!

OP
R

rastephens

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever resolve it? I can't take pictures in anything other than ideal lighting conditions!

I took the phone back to the Verizon store, and they sent me a warranty replacement. It works fine.