Led colors??????

PhillJ

Reaction score
I'm running Liberty .8 with gingercomb juiced theme. Thanks Liberty. This is my first D2. i had the OG Droid for almost 2 years. I ran Chevy's Simply Stunning Rom and loved it. One thing I am missing now is LED notification colors. I had green for missed calls, Blue for texts, and so on. Is there any way this can be done on Liberty Roms or is it a Droid 2 issue?

tnygigles66

Reaction score
I know you can change the colors of the led, but I just don't know how to do it on liberty. There might be an app in the market. I know the cm7 can change the colors, but it's still very beta.

OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
No solutions? :-(

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Lavs23

Reaction score
Lightflow works well for me. You can also do it with Tasker if you have it already but it's a lot less user friendly than Lightflow. The paid version supports more apps but the free version works for me.

Sent from my R2D2 Liberty GB

ljbaumer

Reaction score
Just flash the new cm7 build, I am using it right now, it has a ton more settings, theme chooser (enable you to use themes from all phones), and a ton more. In the cm7 settings you can change all of the notification colors (LED) and make them apply to different applications. There is a wipe variety of colors you can choose from also.

Liberty is just not competition with cm7, neither is any other rom.

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

If I helped you out please check out my team's website (http://www.magnam0d.com) and blog (http://www.magnam0d.com/blog).

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
Just flash the new cm7 build, I am using it right now, it has a ton more settings, theme chooser (enable you to use themes from all phones), and a ton more. In the cm7 settings you can change all of the notification colors (LED) and make them apply to different applications. There is a wipe variety of colors you can choose from also.

Liberty is just not competition with cm7, neither is any other rom.

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

If I helped you out please check out my team's website (http://www.magnam0d.com) and blog (http://www.magnam0d.com/blog).

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Whoa whoa, have a little respect for Liberty. I didn't ask for a comparison. Thanks for your input but I have know reason to dump this ROM. It's been the most stable after coming over from the Droid 1 and those ROMs.

Is this something that is not programmable or what? I'm just curious at this point. I downloaded the app the other guy gave and it works.

ljbaumer

Reaction score
The reason I said that was because cyanogenmod is a team of the best developers around. Liberty was made by 3 really great devs and it is a really great rom but cm7 has been around for a year and is made by maybe 16 really good devs.

The reason it is so feature packed, fast, and stable is because so many good developers work on it and improve things on it constantly.

It isn't finished yet on the Droid 2 but it is still really fast and stable and stable.

Just try it out.

And like I said earlier, I am not trying to be critical towards liberty I am just being very possitive towards cyanogenmod :p

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Liberty and CyanogenMod are two different types of roms entirely.

Liberty is taking the framework and system that comes with the phone and hacking them to fit its needs.

CyanogenMod is hacking a boot process allowing it to load a custom framework and system.

Therefore, since CM is built from the ground up, it will have a lot more added functionality and options than Liberty will, due to the nature of being from source.

CM is a good rom, I use it on my Thunderbolt. So I'm not against CM, I'm just stating why there will be certain features you'll find on CM that will be impossible to implement on Liberty or any rom that is using the OTA as its base. Whichever rom you choose to go with will come down to personal opinion. I'm not gonna argue over which is better, because they each have their merits.

ljbaumer

Reaction score
Liberty and CyanogenMod are two different types of roms entirely.

Liberty is taking the framework and system that comes with the phone and hacking them to fit its needs.

CyanogenMod is hacking a boot process allowing it to load a custom framework and system.

Therefore, since CM is built from the ground up, it will have a lot more added functionality and options than Liberty will, due to the nature of being from source.

CM is a good rom, I use it on my Thunderbolt. So I'm not against CM, I'm just stating why there will be certain features you'll find on CM that will be impossible to implement on Liberty or any rom that is using the OTA as its base. Whichever rom you choose to go with will come down to personal opinion. I'm not gonna argue over which is better, because they each have their merits.

Thank you for clearing that up ;)

OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
I got you. I loved chevys rom for that. Thanks I wasn't sure what Liberty could do. My quadrant score was 1781 which was great to see. Hadn't been up that high in a long time. So cm7 is the only rom for d2 that is built from source at this point?

ljbaumer

Reaction score
I got you. I loved chevys rom for that. Thanks I wasn't sure what Liberty could do. My quadrant score was 1781 which was great to see. Hadn't been up that high in a long time. So cm7 is the only rom for d2 that is built from source at this point?

Yes, I'm pretty sure CM7 is the only rom for the DROID 2 that is built from source and I got over 2000 on quadrant.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com

Yes, I'm pretty sure CM7 is the only rom for the DROID 2 that is built from source and I got over 2000 on quadrant.

Yes, CM is the only offering. They only just recently (past two weeks) made the breakthrough that allows them to load a source-built rom onto the DX/2 and other devices, but I imagine you'll be seeing a few more crop up.

Although, given the age of these devices, I don't know how many more devs will jump on that boat.