Leaving the G3 due to lazyness.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No, sorry, this is one thing that no one, not even the most diehard fanboi can defend. I'm being serious. And believe me I have asked a lot of fanbois about this and TO A MAN, every single one agrees with me: The fact that you cannot simply park an icon, by itself, anywhere BUT at the top with the rest is annoying. If you have one screen with one icon you cannot sit it in the middle of your screen? The bottom?
Draconian!

I don't care how you use your phone. I don't care if you hide every icon. Can you seriously think of ANY reason why Apple does not allow this?
It's mind blowing to me.

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
No, sorry, this is one thing that no one, not even the most diehard fanboi can defend. I'm being serious. And believe me I have asked a lot of fanbois about this and TO A MAN, every single one agrees with me: The fact that you cannot simply park an icon, by itself, anywhere BUT at the top with the rest is annoying. If you have one screen with one icon you cannot sit it in the middle of your screen? The bottom?
Draconian!

I don't care how you use your phone. I don't care if you hide every icon. Can you seriously think of ANY reason why Apple does not allow this?
It's mind blowing to me.
It's because that's not how Steve wanted it. I'm sure they'll change it some day, but so far it's still all about Steve's vision. And no, I must be crazy because it doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother me at all. In fact I never even think about it until an Android person brings it up. The reason I personally carry the iPhone is because I'm lazy and don't want to set it up any other way. I just want it to work. I'll live with it the way Steve wanted me to.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't ios add ability to leave holes in areas? I remember being able to on my wife's iPad with ios5 because when I had one (ios4) I couldn't leave holes on the screen and I was one of those parents that uses their wallpaper to show off photos of their children and it infuriated me. Yeah 1st world country problems I know.
Maybe you're both right?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My G2 just got lollipop
I'm missing my G2 as my active phone right now. It's MUCH better on the G2 than Note4. LG added some neat stuff while Samsung....well they didn't.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><