Leaving BB Storm but to where?

VegaLA

Reaction score
Hi all,
joined this forum in the hope I may be swayed into getting a Droid. I currently have a BB Storm 1ST gen which is OK, but the Apps i'd really like to use are not available and thats pretty poor since I would only probably use about 5 apps religously anyway.
Does anyone here use the XBox live app? I played around with it briefly on a friends Moto Droid and its the best XBL App i've seen on any Phone/PMP yet, but not really had enough time to get to grips with it.
Let me ask, does it send alerts to you either by a text message or a pop up on the screen regardless of what you are using the phone for at that moment? If not is it likely to be implemented in the near future as I imagine it would be very similar to text message pop ups.
Also is there an App that lists any upcoming releases for Games, or movies, DVDs for that matter. that would be an App I would find usefull. I have used the Flixster movies App on the Storm and its not been a rewarding experience.
Another App I would find usefull is a Lottery program. I'd like the ability to store the Lottery numbers I use for each draw and have an App check the latest numbers with my numbers and highlight/draw attention to any matches I might have. Does something like this already exist?
I'm thinking if Droid is capable of doing all these Apps I may focus my attention on the Droid X once more information is available but i'm also waiting it out for the new Microsoft phones as they promise seamless XBL interface, but details have been scare up to this point.
I'm with verizon and my contract is not due till this October so I still have time to weigh everything up and draw a shortlist, but any input experienced Droid users have would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Vega.....

Diordna

Reaction score
The X box live app (there is a couple of them) but one is better than other, but they both do there job.
And what about popping up as a text message or pop up??

And idk about the games and stuff news. It should be just as simple as browsing the internet to check it out, or even have bookmarks or those websites on your homescreen that you can just click on (for example to game informers website) and whatnot.