Leavin Droid Inc for DX

martin9752

Reaction score
Well fellas after many problems with my Droid Incredible and stupid draining battery (extended) I decided to get a Droid X. Does anyone have any experiance with the DX coming from the Inc. Also the other factor was the lack of accessories.

damagickid

Reaction score
i know you asked if we had experience but i dont...i do however have the dx...and am gonna switch to a diff phone...works fine i just dont like it being so big....thinking the d2global....any thoughts on this are welcome as well...was thinking about going with the incredible but now i dont think i want to?

OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
Damagickid,

Dont get me wrong if the INC had a better battery life and more accessories I would stick with it forever....A great phone. The extended batteries are avail but there are no cases for the phone with the extended batteries. I will have both for a period of time and will make a decision then throw the other on ebay.

damagickid

Reaction score
dude you will like the droid x more i bet i have never had a issue with battery....except it takes forever to drain....lol but really i think im gonna go with the droid 2 or global....i really dont need the big screen and i consider myself a power user games and apps but i only have this overclocked to 1100 and its doing everything ive ever wanted easily...plus im on a yearly upgrade plan so it wont kill me to hold out for a year

(and by then the will hopfully have a 5ghz phone out lol...well hopfully 2ghz....)

OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
I think my biggest adjustment is going to be leaving HTC Sense UI. I love that man dont really care for motion blur but whatever. Do you have the extended battery or stock.

damagickid

Reaction score
Stock....it last forever and u can use roms to get rid of it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damagickid,

Dont get me wrong if the INC had a better battery life and more accessories I would stick with it forever....A great phone. The extended batteries are avail but there are no cases for the phone with the extended batteries. I will have both for a period of time and will make a decision then throw the other on ebay.
yes there are cases, just check out the forum, I have made plenty of posts about it, I use the HTC 2150 and an aftermarket 2750 extended battery that works with my Seidio clip on holster "case", why all the fuss out there. I also got a rubberized case for the extended battery also at www.htcpedia.com , stop trying to make excuses so you can switch to a bigger screen phone, no other UI comes close to HTC Sense.

mikeruschman010

Reaction score
Just switched from the inc. To the. X. The only thing I have found that I have to get a litttle used to os th ui. Other than that I like it.

OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
Wow Cyber tech why do you have to be all critical of someones opinion. I am not bashing your decision to keep the phone. I dont want to have to dremel a case to make it work for a phone sorry. I love the Inc but it has flaws just like the DX does.

damagickid

Reaction score
Agreed i dont know why people have to come on here and be dicks for no reason....I went and got the incredible today....and love it so far...not sure about the battery yet we will see...but the x was just to big for me and i hope you enjoy it Martin

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah I just got my Incredible a few days ago and the battery life is pretty disappointing. I was shocked at the difference of battery life vs my original Droid.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
opinions are welcome but everyone please remain polite!

*DroidForums app DOES*

deadhead15

Reaction score
Hey Martin how are you enjoying the X I just recently got my incredible its my first Droid I must admit I'm blown away and love it, can't put it down but I have been obsessing over the X ever since I got this and am thinking of switching also so wondering how the switch has been for you so far, the battery any better because the one on this Dinc is miserable granted I use it a lot but still pretty impressively bad when I'm not cracking out on it and kill my apps

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score
Hey Martin how are you enjoying the X I just recently got my incredible its my first Droid I must admit I'm blown away and love it, can't put it down but I have been obsessing over the X ever since I got this and am thinking of switching also so wondering how the switch has been for you so far, the battery any better because the one on this Dinc is miserable granted I use it a lot but still pretty impressively bad when I'm not cracking out on it and kill my apps

I love my DX. I've never owned a Inc, but the DX gets pretty good bat. Life.

deadhead15

Reaction score
How heavily do you use DX? Have u had any problems or complaints so far?