Leather Case suggestions and where to buy.

NvrEnough

Reaction score
I'm looking for a leather case that wont trigger the docking mode and has a belt clip.

Looking for vertical case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Shel

Reaction score
I'm looking for a leather case that wont trigger the docking mode and has a belt clip.

Looking for vertical case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Not sure where you live, but if there's an Apple store near you, the leather cases for the iPhone 3GS fit PERFECTLY!

I picked up the Sena Kutu Case (see below), and the Droid fits perfectly!

I tried another Sena case for the iPhone which didn't work, but that's because the case was tappered towards the edges, just as the iPhone is tappered. Being the Droid is NOT tappered, that case proved to be too tight of a fit.

The Sena Kutu case, however, is a very snug fit, but the case has a leather tab, attached to a ribbon which goes inside the case. To remove the iPhone/Droid, simply pull up on the ribbon, and the device slowly rises out of the case, making it very easy to remove, while keeping the device firmly in the case when you do NOT want it to come out!

Obviously, any form fitting case designed for the iPhone won't work (cutouts in the wrong place, not the exact size, etc.), but... if you want a pouch type case, check out the Apple store! (They also give 30 days full money back return, if you decide you're unhappy)

TW928

TW928_AV2

pwjone1

Reaction score
Cellet Bergam Case (Vertical Holster w/Belt Loop)

You might want to take a look at my review, in the case reviews thread, at:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/497-motorola-droid-case-reviews-13.html#post21074

This is a Cellet case, made for the iPhone.

I have to say, while it's certainly cheap enough, and reasonably well padded, it's just a tad short. iPhones and Droids are just that millimeter or so different in length, and I'd prefer something longer. I know people are pushing using iPhone cases, and volume wise there's maybe not much difference with the Droid, but a Droid is longer and thicker, the cases that are tailored too closely to the iPhone are going to have the Droid hang out a bit, and probably are going to be a bit on the tight side. Certainly that's the case with the Cellet. I've looked closely on some posted pictures of a Droid in an iPhone Senna, and I think that's maybe similar. But at $10 or so for the Cellet, what the heck. I spend that on a good lunch.

Good luck in your search!

Reaction score