leather BB case for droid?

Channeldave

Reaction score
anyone know if it is ok to use my old leather blackberry bold case for my Droid? Just wondering if the magnet (used to turn the screen on/off) will harm the droid any?
the case is a little stretched out so the droid fits pretty well.

JourneyWithin

Reaction score
Don't use case with magnet

I bought a Droid today. The salesman in the Verizon store where I got it told me I should not purchase any of their many cases with magnetic closures because the magnet would interfere with the phone's function. He steered me to a case with a Velcro closure.

dvap00

Reaction score
Depending on the placement of the magnet it can (and will) turn on either car dock mode or media dock mode in the holster.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't. You don't want either of the homes activated while the Droid is holstered.

Raydee35

Reaction score
I use my old BB case and yes it does turn on the home dock. I found that as long as you hit the top buton to turn the screen off after you place it in the holster it is fine. You also have to make sure you don't have the screen set to stay on when you have it in either the home or car dock. If and when I find a nice case like my BB case that doesn't use a magnet I will def buy one. I really like the swivel clip and the quality of the BB case, I was even going to try to remove the magnets and sew some velcro on the case but it looked like to much work ;)