Least Buggy 2.1 rom?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by zero7starz, Apr 8, 2010.

1. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just flashed to Ultimate Droid 9.0.0 last night, and I was really excited about getting up to 2.1. However, after using it for most of today I can't say I'm totally satisfied with it. It just, over all, feels a bit buggy. After coming from Bugless Beast, I guess it set my expectations pretty high? It was overly stable.

Is Bugless Beast 2.1 as stable? Does it lag? I feel like UD does...

Is there a different 2.1 rom that has proven to be overly stable, or are they all just too new right now?

Is there a possible way to keep my regular stock battery icon, too? The main reason I chose UD to begin with was because of the style of the rom. I liked the DROID app drawer as well as the stock battery icon, and keyboard.

I'm getting ready to start trying some others, just to see if I can find one that is stable enough for me to really like. However, I'd really like to gather some opinions from people who have had tried multiple roms.

Thanks

2. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Im personaly a fan of ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning ROM. Ive run both version 2.2, which is based of the ESE53 and the new version 3.0, which is based on the official ESE81 code. Both seem very stable to me, but to be fair, I am a very light user, only phone, txt, gmail, and some web browsing. Havent played with any of the more advanced things you can do with these devices.
    EDIT: In terms of functionality I have not played, Im OCed to 1Ghz
    A note, in order to get the stability, when I performed the Nandroid restore, I left off the data file. This is where the custom launcher, WiFi tethering, and other goodies in the ROM are kept, so you will have to reinstall to suit your tastes afterward, but Ive found this makes for a MUCH more stable and responsive ROM.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  3. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya I have to agree with b-unit when I was running simply stunning it was very stable and I also enjoyed the lowest temps I've ever had with my droid

4. HMJB

HMJB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The cyan rom is sweet, I havent had any force closes and its pretty smooth..
    I tried them all and always end up back at Cyans due to force closes and whatnot :/

If you want to try it, download Rom Manager off the market for an easy install.

I am waiting on Pete's 1.0 Beast based on the newest 2.1 code, which should be out soon.. should be fun trying that one out and comparing it to Cyan's

5. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,598
    They are all good roms and the devs are doing a good job with them. But for the past couple of days I have been rom free and loving it. Still have o/c, thanks to chevy's kernels, still have root, have wifi tethering.

6. Melanox

Melanox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FRom what i can see most problems come from not installing properly.......i used to have bugs and issues before but now i never have any issues.....even with the ROMs that people say have them........i dont kno maybe im lucky

7. serveitup911

serveitup911 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen AdamZ's smoked glass 6.0.1 named yet. That was a model of stability for me - I ran it for 2 weeks with 0 issues.

8. Cornholieo

Cornholieo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ultimate Droid

Ultimate Droid vs 9.8 has been working fine for me. Running at 1.25 Ghz

9. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I uninstalled the 3D Launcher on UD and it seems to be working better... sad though because that was one of the big draws to me for 2.1 roms =[

10. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Sounds similar to my SS2.2 experiance. I initially performed the Nandroid restore with the default settings after a full wipe, but the 3D launcher was too sluggish for my liking. On a whim, I wiped again and restored sans the data folder, then installed Helix2 from the market, and it ran smooth as silk.

11. jrocketdroid

jrocketdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was a Droidmod user until 2.1 came out - then I went the route of pilotcharles747...stock 2.1 with root and a few extra apps to make it just like I want it...

This weekend I'm gonna install busybox and install themes with metamorph

12. les017

les017 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll second Smoked Glass 6.01. It's been virtually perfect for me since the week it was released...running 1GHz

13. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm still on that one myself with zero complaints. I think everyone has their favorites. I do love the op's question though. You never see anyone asking for the one that crashes their phone the most:) Some roms will always be more popular than others.

If it is stability that is the issue though, do a wipe of cache and data, start clean, start with low to no overclocking and see how things are. Most roms really should be pretty stable.

If your first rom was stable you should have it backed up so going back to it is easy enough.

Sometimes the grass isn't greener elsewhere. Good luck!

14. mrdroid

mrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BuglessBeast for sure. However, I've been using Pete's OTA 2.1 Rooted with Chevy's 7 Slot 1.1Ghz kernal. Fastest most stable and longest battery life by far.

15. agent42o

agent42o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't use Pete's roms anymore, but I have in the past, I will say this about the guy, he may not be "cutting edge" with all the stuff he releases, but there's a reason he refers to the roms as Bugless.

I recommend you back up a config, if you aren't familiar with titanium, get that way and play around, there's one thing I have learned and it's that for some reason, peoples phones react differently to various roms. Once you understand how to backup and restore key things to your phone (configs, call logs, sms messages) it makes it really easy and convenient to start exploring some of the other Roms out there.

Give Pete's a try, I have never seen a serious complaint about his roms and he's pretty responsive to issues.