Learning to create my own ROM

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bhughesiii, Apr 13, 2011.

1. bhughesiii

bhughesiii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I am using virtualbox with Ubuntu 10.04 guest on Windows 7. I am to the point of running extract-files.sh to pull the proprietaries from my Droid. However I get the error device not found. I cannot figure out how to get it working. Has anyone developed in this manner and can help me out?

Any help is much appreciated.

2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    I don't develop or anything but I have flashed sbf files and stuff through Ubuntu on virtualbox. What I had to do was make sure my phone was checked under "devices" and then "usb devices"

3. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The purpose of running "extract-files.sh" is to load proprietary drivers so you can build a device specific rom (as opposed to a generic one). You can achieve this from one of these steps:

1. make sure you have android sdk install and make sure adb is in the path, then connect the phone via usb port before running the script;

2. examine the content of the script and identify the programs needed to extract, locate one of the most recent stock rom, frg83g or frg83d, take the programs there.

While step 2 is a manual process but it is less invasive, you can create your own script (instead of adb, you can copy), to get the list of programs from the stock rom.

Hope it helps.

4. bhughesiii

bhughesiii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I do have sdk installed, I am following the instructions put together by Droid Concepts. I may look at the script, extract the files on windows and transfer to my ubuntu virtual install. Might be easier that way.

5. bhughesiii

bhughesiii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it, the tutorial I am using wanted me to boot into recovery to extract the files. Instead I left the phone on and pulled them that way. On to modding and compiling.

6. bhughesiii

bhughesiii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, update. First once I pulled the proprietaries from my phone I noticed it was trying to pull a file that doesn't exist. Now of course when I run make and then make otapackage, it fails because it is looking for that file. Also it is telling me that Platform version is 2.2.1 even though I have the latest source. I thought this would be 2.2.2? Perhaps there is a file I need to edit?

edit** the file it is looking for is liblvmxipc.so

** edit 2 **
    When I run make I get
    Code:
    build/core/base_rules.mk:108: user tag on app Superuser at packages/apps/Superuser - add your app to core.mk instead

Any ideas on these?

#6 bhughesiii, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  7. mchauber

mchauber New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I just found myself in the same boat, and was wondering if you had found a solution to this. It's the only file that I'm missing, and I'm guessing that this binary "blob" must be a necessary thing, but I'm not sure how I should go about getting a hold of it.

Thanks if you (or anyone else out there) can help.

mc

Search tags for this page

./extract-files.sh error: device not found

android extract drivers from rom

extract drivers android rom

extract drivers from android rom

extract files sh device not found

extract-files device not found

extract-files.sh d2vzw device not found

extract-files.sh device not found

make your own droid x rom

where to find display driver in android rom