Learnin' to Droid

migdalorguy

Reaction score
Have had my Droid for only 3 days-haven't even begun to explore it's potential. Did run into that annoying (yet typical) PITA for users of Google Apps, because Google has still failed to create any kind of unified system. Thus I have my (paid Premium) Google Apps acct (which CANNOT be used in Droid Market,) my pseudo-gmail account using my Google Apps email address so I can seamlessly use Google products not available to Google Apps users (like Picasa, Google Checkout-but, btw, still can;t use that Google Checkout account) and a third Google account I created today so I could make yet another Google Checkout account and purchase apps from the Droid Store. Sheesh, Google, get it together!

Graduating to the Droid from the WWWM (Wonnaful woild of windows mobile) on a Motorola Q9c. As I do most of my stuff in Google's pieceof the could, it seemed a logical step. The above-mentioned Google kerfuffle aside, I like the tight integration with Google.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.....although I am confused as to exactly why you had to create all those accounts???

OP
migdalorguy

migdalorguy

Reaction score
Who So MAny Google Accounts? Here's Why...

Welcome to the forum.....although I am confused as to exactly why you had to create all those accounts???

I've been a Google user since the very early days, and a Google Apps user as soon as it was available. Through Google apps I have connected to my own domain, and it is my primary email. Unfortunately, many Google features (like Picasa, Checkout, etc.) are not yet (if ever) available to Google Apps users. You still need a regular (i.e. non-apps) Google account to use those features. There's a trick to getting semi-seamless integration-by creating a regular Google account using your Google Apps email address. So I have those two accounts. Unfortunately, Android Market requires Google Checkout. Because my Droid phone is linked to my Google Apps account, there's no way to buy apps from Android Market (remember, my regular Google account uses the exact same email address as my apps account, so Android market won't let me use the Google Checkout associated with that non-apps account. Thus I had to create a third Google Account, and a Google Checkout for that account, just to be able to purchase apps. There are threads about this all over the various Google forums.