Leaked Screenshots Show US Galaxy S4 Eye-tracking Software & Confirm Quad-core CPU

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 6, 2013.

1. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I find it funny that the same people who are sarcastically saying they're too lazy to scroll with their thumb, are the same people that really are too lazy to set their screen time out to 10 minutes and push that magical power button to turn their screen off when they're done using their phone.
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Same people that go to extreme lengths to squeeze an extra 30 minutes out of their battery because they apparently can't be bothered to plug the phone in for even 5 minutes.
  3. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    The extra 30 seconds of screen-on time was nice for browsing the web on my phone, but the vast majority of my usage during the week consists of text messages. I use an app called SMS Enhancer to display a popup whenever someone sends me a text, because for me it's more convenient than powering on the screen and swiping down the notification bar. It's also a bit more noticeable than just the notification light, which I occasionally overlook when I'm sitting at my desk at work. If I set the screen timeout to 1 minute and I don't notice that someone has texted me (or if I'm away from my desk), the screen stays on unnecessarily. Since I turn my ringer off while in the office, this is easier to do than one might initially assume.

The same situation arises if I've got my Nexus in my pocket and I somehow miss the vibration and ringtone of a text notification (which has happened). If I had my screen timeout set to 2 minutes or higher, I'd probably notice the heat from the screen after a bit, but by that time I would've already wasted battery life. This is why I'm particularly interested in Samsung's Smart Stay, because it could be a happy median for the way I use my device. I could still have my screen timeout set for 30 seconds, but I wouldn't be affected by it when I'm browsing the web. Obviously this isn't an optimal solution for everyone, and apps like Tasker could probably also suit my needs, but that doesn't make me any less curious to see how this eye tracking solution will work. Perhaps it'll be a horrible battery drain, or maybe it won't be polished and will feel like a gimmick. Whatever the case, I'm interested to see how it plays out.
Search tags for this page
galaxy note 2 eyeball

samsung i 337 phone