Leaked PO Photo: Sprint Likely to Get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Too

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 24, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Even though we try to keep things mostly Verizon related, we thought this information was definitely relevant enough to share with you. From the looks of this leaked picture of a purchase order, it is highly likely that Sprint will be the next carrier to announce the Samsung Galaxy Nexus coming to their network. According to the PO, a couple of posters for the "Nexus Prime" were ordered for the Now Network. Intel in the industry has all-but-confirmed that the "Nexus Prime" name was simply the internal codename for the Galaxy Nexus.

It would be quite ridiculous for Sprint stores to order posters for the device if it was not going to sell it. Since the phone is both a CDMA and a GSM phone, there is no reason not to expect it from the other two carriers, AT&T and T-Mobile, as well.

Obviously, we will keep an eye out to inform you guys as soon as we know any more details. Don't you just love leaks?

Source: SprintDroids via BriefMobile
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

It would be annoying if Sprint version named Nexus Prime based on this would have better hardware. It would be Verizon messing up as usual.
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

not really. I don't like Sprint. Their service is crap where I live and look at the issue with the iPhone on Sprint. The speeds are horrendous. LTE is much faster than what they call 4G. Plus, the hardware really can't be better as it is governed by Google for this phone. It wont' be able to have the Nexus name if it has different hardware.
  4. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Ok with me. Doesnt it just mean there will be more dev's on this phone?
  5. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

I'm sure you notice the name here is different - it is Nexus Prime, we have had conflicting leaks about names and specs all along. This might be the stronger version of this phone. I am in complete agreement with you about speed and call quality on Verizon, not doubt it is superior to anything else, i would just be disappointed if another version of the Nexus would be out with stronger hardware on another network. Verizon have done that before.
  6. Admiral Escobar

Admiral Escobar New Member

So why did Verizon pass up the galaxy s2 again?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  7. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

The sprint phone will not be called nexus prime. think about it, its common sense. why would samsung and google host a huge event where they revealed the "Galaxy Nexus". the word prime was never even mentioned once. and they are going to be the same or lower specifications then verizons. probably the same, as the official event explained.
  8. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

So I'm guessing the sprint version won't have wimax since that wasn't one of the 4G radios offered or even mentioned during the ICS event?