Leaked Pics & Specs of the Motorola Droid 4 Surface

Ricardo_r21

Reaction score
What's with all these phones pushing out before the proceeding "new" phones are in customer hands? New phones obsolete before they hit the stores, strange, dontcha think?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I remember it was a good time after the OGDroid was released that they announced the DX, not a few weeks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This should have been the Droid 3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Just as the Bionic should have been the DX2 and the Razr should have been the Bionic, something got messed up along the way this year but the X2 and D3 should have never existed as they stand now

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's with all these phones pushing out before the proceeding "new" phones are in customer hands? New phones obsolete before they hit the stores, strange, dontcha think?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
I don't get what your saying. All these phones have practically the same generation tech in a different form factor. I think obsolete is a bad word to use because it make no sense. Just because you have a variety of something doesn't mean they are obsolete. Id imagine a couple won't sell well but variety is a very good thing.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I missed that :p the public school system has failed me loljk, I skimmed through the OP. I wonder if this is something motorola is gonba keep doing, first the razor now the D4.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Haha nice. But I think the RAZR and D4 are targeting different people. I think people who want a keyboard and a high powered LTE phone will go for the D4 while people who want the slimness that you see in non LTE phones, and a SAMOLED screen will go for the slim 4G Droid RAZR. Plus the industrial and solid feel might appeal to people who are outdoors a lot.

N4UPD

Reaction score
The statement made about finally a 4G LTE phone with a slide out keyboard must have meant a Motorola phone because the Samsung stratosphere is a 4g phone with slide out keyboard. Just sayin.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Hmm...*raises eyebrow in interest*
You know I'm not a fan of the capacitive buttons anymore, and I was just starting to get used to the idea of not having physical keys anymore but depending on the visual quality, build quality, and features (not referring to bloatware) this may be a good third option to the RAZR and Nexus. Would certainly feel very familiar.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
dammit...now i want this one too...i might have to skip out on it though cuz im tired of not getting cool roms because of the locked bootloader

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah this definitely should have been the Droid 3. I think they should let me upgrade for free lol jk. I wonder if it will have 1gb of ram. I would like it even more if it didn't have capacitive buttons and launches with ICS. I don't think I'm going to be getting moto for a while.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Stories

Reaction score
I would have bought this instead of my Bionic had I waited. Alas, I have my Bionic for the next 18 months.

Vito.a

Reaction score
I thought the Droid 3 was a solid phone. Just couldn't live without 4G for the next 2 years. This Droid 4 looks great.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Non-removable battery kills it for me. I have had a spare (sometimes extended) battery for every phone that I have owned and have switched them during the occasional heavy use day. I also tend to keep my phones for about 3 years and these batteries lose significant charge life after 2 years. Keeping my extra battery at half charge and in the fridge makes it last more than 3 years so that I still have 1 good battery by the end of my phone's life.

Edit: Although I haven't had to do a battery pull on my Droid for months, I have had to do that a few times. What do you do when the battery is non-removable?

Last edited:

darkmatter

Reaction score
I love my d3, but the keyboard has been acting up lately. Won't register the space bar. People were saying its software not hardware, but it didn't get any better with the update.

Maybe if I make a record of returning my d3 I'll get a d4 when I return my d3 for the 10th time, lol.

But I'm with the concerned crowd about battery pull...maybe there will be a reset?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

loki993

Reaction score
I thought the Droid 3 was a solid phone. Just couldn't live without 4G for the next 2 years. This Droid 4 looks great.

I just think its looks kinda blocky. Not sleek at all. The screen looks like a huge hump on top of it.

The only thing is that the pics make it look like it has the rubber keyboard like the D1/D2, please dont go back to that. I like the D3 keyboard a whole lot better.