1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Leaked Pics of the Samsung Galaxy S4 'Active' Hit the Web

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 20, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Several new variants of the Samsung Galaxy S4 series have been rumored for sometime now. One of these is the Galaxy S4 Active. It will supposedly be designed for the "active" lifestyle and will include dust, impact and water resistant features. Today we have some leaked pics of the "rumored" device. Here's a tentative spec-list below to go with the pics,
    • Quad-core 1.9GHz processor with Adreno 320 GPU - likely the Snapdragon 600 chipset
    • Same display as the Galaxy S4 - 5.0-inch 1080p and possibly Super AMOLED (although its pixel density is supposedly 480ppi which would be odd)
    • 8MP rear camera (instead of the 13MP sensor of the vanilla Galaxy S4)
    Although Samsung hasn't officially announced this device, there has been quite a bit of intel lately, and with these leaked pics, we suspect an announcement will come soon.

Source: GSMArena
  2. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

They should have announced them together. Bad move Sammy. If I pre-ordered the "normal" S4 and saw this one today, I'd be annoyed.
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

If Samsung releases a google experience active it will be hard for me to resist.
  4. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

Why all the buttons?

THIS in brushed aluminum. Simply because I want it VZW will never carry it.
  5. eugenerudenko

eugenerudenko New Member

Absolutely agree on this. A lot of people would like to have such an active model but won't buy it because they've already bought SGS4.
  6. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

And if they did, it would no be on Verizon, Google only phones are only on GSM networks from now on, where you can use them anywhere in the world, Verizon has shot themselves in the foot with their "locked down" CDMA network. That is why the S4 on Google with pure Google experience will only be available for AT&T and T-Mobile both run on GSM networks, and if you travel overseas all you need to do is purchase a SIM card and you have voice and data. Once my contract runs out next year with Verizon I will bid them farewell.
  7. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

I like it, I want it! I agree with the brushed aluminum back, that would look awesome.
Search tags for this page
s4 active
when will verizon carry the s4 active?
will verizon carry galaxy active
will verizon carry s4 active

will verizon carry samsung s4 active

will verizon carry the galaxy s4 active

will verizon carry the galaxy s4 active?
will verizon carry the s4 active?

will verizon carry the samsung s4 active