Looking at the picture, doesn't look like 4GLTE on the top

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Looks like its a 3G phone, and the weather time and time on the top are off...legit picture?

You must of not read the article. The article states that this is only a render pic, not the final product.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it looks nice. Hopefully it will have at least a 720 display... On a screen the size of something like the RAZR qHD is unacceptable.

Oh, and when will they start putting optical zoom on phones... Point and shoots would be all but obsolete. Even a 5X optical would do wonders.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

i would think it would be 720p hd considering ics is natively 720p resolution

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
well, since it has motoblur on it one of two things will happen:
It will always reboot.
You will have constant homescreen redraws.
You will have apps you cant get rid of that you will never use.
You will never see an OTA update once the next phone is announced.

oh wait, thats more than two things and all of them will happen...at least itll be physically built like a brick **** house (in a good way)

Trip3601211

Reaction score
All cool with me. Will probably be better then the nexus. Motorola all day!

Sent from my DROID X2 Running Eclipse v2.0.4

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
All cool with me. Will probably be better then the nexus. Motorola all day!

Sent from my DROID X2 Running Eclipse v2.0.4

dev support > specs. as proven with the DX2 and Bionic...great specs, but locked down and small fan base really take away the longevity

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Looks like its a 3G phone, and the weather time and time on the top are off...legit picture?

If this is being debuted at MWC expect it to be an international phone. With an American counterpart being released in the "coming months".

MWC primarily shows international phones. We usually get a variant of it somewhere in the year.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
well, since it has motoblur on it one of two things will happen:
It will always reboot.
You will have constant homescreen redraws.
You will have apps you cant get rid of that you will never use.
You will never see an OTA update once the next phone is announced.

oh wait, thats more than two things and all of them will happen...at least itll be physically built like a brick **** house (in a good way)

Funny, I have never experienced the first 2. But that's just me.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
i hope they dont use that navy blue/grey background for the home back and search buttons... but i wont be surprised. they always find a way to make their ui uglier and not as desirable as others. at least there's a black notification bar for once...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
dev support > specs. as proven with the DX2 and Bionic...great specs, but locked down and small fan base really take away the longevity

Just addressing the small fan base remark..

DX2...I can agree with, very lil forum activity. But the Bionic....it and the G Nex are neck in neck for forum activity. The RAZR is already past the DX2 for forum activity too.

As for this phone, I have to believe that the final product will not look like that...lol. And I hope Moto does stay with the more recognizable ICS look. Folks hating on Moto and Blur....take a look at the HTC Ville....looks more like Sense UI than ICS.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just addressing the small fan base remark..

DX2...I can agree with, very lil forum activity. But the Bionic....it and the G Nex are neck in neck for forum activity. The RAZR is already past the DX2 for forum activity too.

As for this phone, I have to believe that the final product will not look like that...lol. And I hope Moto does stay with the more recognizable ICS look. Folks hating on Moto and Blur....take a look at the HTC Ville....looks more like Sense UI than ICS.

He's not talking about "forum activity"...he's talking about dev support. You know custom ROMs, kernels, mods, ect. The small fan base comment was probably inaccurate, but a locked down moto phone will never match the dev support of unlocked phones.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's not talking about "forum activity"...he's talking about dev support. You know custom ROMs, kernels, mods, ect. The small fan base comment was probably inaccurate, but a locked down moto phone will never match the dev support of unlocked phones.
ROMs and kernels are only a small part of the Android community. Most people don't root their phones or do half the stuff that the people on these forums do. Hell, I even had my phone rooted once but turned it back to stock because I didn't see the need to keep it rooted.