Leaked Ginberbread question

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put it on the root of the sd or somewhere you can find it. Then boot into clockwork and wipe data, then install zip from sd (gb leak). Reboot system now
I usually mount system and data after the wipe, before flashing. Just to be safe (it can't hurt)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
Ok i downloaded the link but when I went into file manager I could not find the file. Do you know where it goes when you download it straight from your phone or did I miss a step?

Also, I know you should do the wipe data and the cache but what is mount system? Thanks

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you used the stock browser, it's in the downloads folder. I use dolphin mini, so for me it's in the dolphin/downloads folder.

When you wipe data, it wipes cache so you don't have to do both.
Go to mounts/storage in cw and mount data and system.
It will look like this "mount/system" when it's NOT mounted so click it and it will say "unmount/system" when it IS mounted. So make sure the first 3 are mounted. When you install a rom, it usually mounts anyway, but i do it to be safe and to ensure a good install. I mean, it won't hurt!

Last edited:
OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
Yes I do use the stock browser. Thanks I found the monster file for gb in the download folder.

When I get off work I will look into the mount. Thanks for explaining that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

crodgers0618

Reaction score
I downloaded the rooted version from drips life but when I go to flash it it fails. I've deleted twice and download twice with the same. Do I need droid 2 bootstrap? Dont work with x bootstrap Is that the issue?any help would be great. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

crodgers0618

Reaction score
Also after I move it to the root of my sd I click it and there is not any folders inside

crodgers0618

Reaction score
I got the zip from droid life the same one the op has linked it said to download and flash as you would a rom if already on one I seen a few post with same issue and no reply

crodgers0618

Reaction score
Sorry not the same it was the one for the x

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The op posted a link for the Droid 2!
You need the one i posted for you

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the dx, you need to be on stock froyo, rooted. Boot into clockwork and wipe data. Then install part 1 and then part 2 right after. Then reboot and you'll have gb. Don't leave clockwork without installing both parts!

crodgers0618

Reaction score
I have another question idopa if you don't mind. Im still pretty new to all this only rooted and flashed a few rims. So sorry. But stock meaning ill need to sbf back since im running darkslide? Just started looking trying to get ready for gb darkslide lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't have to sbf on my d2. I was running liberty 2.0.1 and i just wiped and flashed gb, buuut i've heard you should sbf on dx. Not sure. Personally, i think you'll be fine with a data wipe, but it's up to you. It would probably be easier on your mind to sbf.