Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

If you find yourself with nothing better to do this weekend, then you might have a bit of fun playing around with Samsung’s soon-to-be-released S Voice application on your rooted Android 4.0 smartphone. The APK has now made its way into the wild. The credit for leaking the highly anticipated S Voice goes to XDA member PlaYOuT, who extracted it and made it available for everyone’s downloading pleasure.

Soon before him, however, ithehappy went a step further and made available a couple of widgets, apps and ringtones from Samsung’s new flagship. Now AccuWeather, GTalk, YouTube, FM Radio, a couple of digital clock widgets and S III’s ringtones are available for download from the source links below. There is also an explanation on how to run them on your device. Keep in mind your Android has to be rooted and run Ice Cream Sandwich.

Source 1 | Source 2

D
on't forget to visit our sister site dedicated to the Samsung Galaxy S III at - Galaxy S3 Forum

If you get an error use this app Build.Prop Editor to edit these 2 lines:

Code:
ro.product.device=GT-I9300 
ro.product.model=GT-I9300

Last edited by a moderator:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
This may be worth peeping once they get the last major issues sorted out on CM9 and MIUI V4.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Installed S Voice, and it works pretty well on the Nexus. Also grabbed a couple of ringtones. :nerd:

52brandon

Reaction score
got it on my galaxy nexus with axiom PZ B23, Only problem I've found was playing music. It closes every time I try. But everything else works great

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Will any of the apps work on non Samsung phones?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

2ns

Reaction score
Will S Voice eventually be able to be put on non-rooted ICS phones?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
unfortunately we wont know unless someone actually does it...

Personally I think we already have it but I understand people wanting to try it out. I posted my opinion about it, after trying it, in the galaxy nexus section.

2ns

Reaction score
These voice things never understand me. I'm a southern woman, 2 things which I've heard make voice recognition harder. I never, ever use the voice input on my droid. However, supposedly you can tell the phone to take a pic with S voice which would be very useful at work.

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
Network error on my G Nex

52brandon

Reaction score
Personally I think we already have it but I understand people wanting to try it out. I posted my opinion about it, after trying it, in the galaxy nexus section.
how will you be able to use it without setting permissions and installing in /system?

DJTaT2

Reaction score
OK so I downloaded it to my nexus extracted it in root explorer copied it to system/ app folder and it says some kind of error while parsing package.. any pointers on getting it to work?

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
OK so I downloaded it to my nexus extracted it in root explorer copied it to system/ app folder and it says some kind of error while parsing package.. any pointers on getting it to work?

Looks like it's not going to work unless you have a SGS3.

Same here, supposedly it's been disabled for non-SGS3 devices.