Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a new droid user I am comfused..

A friend sent me a link for the upgrade to 2.2

My build number says FRG01B

Which should I have on here for the latest

Thanks

FRG22 is the latest build, but I'm having some issues with the virtual keyboard with that build. I'm thinking about going back to FRG01B so you just might want to stay there.

Is anyone else having keyboard (virtual) issues? The letters are sticking sometimes, very frustrating when I'm trying to type fast.

daware

Reaction score
Is anyone else having keyboard (virtual) issues? The letters are sticking sometimes, very frustrating when I'm trying to type fast.

I ran a quick virtual keyboard test trying to type as fast as I could. I found no issues other than a few typos and not hitting the space bar a few times, but I guess that's to be expected when going for speed and not accuracy. I also flashed this over BB V0.4 with no wipe for what it's worth.

On a side note, are there any themes for FRG22 yet? The only one I really noticed was Black Glass. I read through this whole post, and I apologize if this has been answered. With the leak being posted only a few days ago, I figure it's too early to expect themes and/or roms.

cliff1970

Reaction score
When I tried to apply this ROM, I got the following.
signature verification failed android
Am I doing something wrong, or missing a step?
Running Original Moto Droid stock 2.1.

daware

Reaction score
When I tried to apply this ROM, I got the following.
signature verification failed android
Am I doing something wrong, or missing a step?
Running Original Moto Droid stock 2.1.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to be rooted to install FRG22.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those that are having trouble with google googles try this.

Use root explorer to delete the google googles apk file from system/app. Reboot, gotto market and download google googles from market. All should be fine now. You may keep the apk file where it is or move it to system/app.

Did this work for anyone?

If so, could someone give me terminal commands to remove the apk, because my explorer doesnt mount prior, and I could get it done in terminal.

And, or ...

I'm told the non deodexed version works on all core apps, can I just reflash that over the FRG22 that I have now instead?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
anyone experiencing slow drawing of the home screen at random? and/or random instances in which the home screen transitions are slow to respond?
First 24 hours--other than the FB fiasco--Launcher Pro was running great. But yesterday afternoon I impulsively installed a bunch of new apps, and started having slow redraws. I rebooted and it's back to fast.

No random draws of the home screen.

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm told the non deodexed version works on all core apps, can I just reflash that over the FRG22 that I have now instead?

Nope, I'm on the non-deodexed (i.e., odexed) version of FRG22 and Goggles is FC'ing.

-Matt

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
As a new droid user I am comfused..

A friend sent me a link for the upgrade to 2.2

My build number says FRG01B

Which should I have on here for the latest

Thanks

FRG22 is the latest build, but I'm having some issues with the virtual keyboard with that build. I'm thinking about going back to FRG01B so you just might want to stay there.

The virtual keyboard has the occasional lag issue under any FroYo build I've run. Usually needs a reboot to fix it.

GoldWinger88

Reaction score
Not sure about being rooted or not.
My Droid has not had anything done to it.
I followed the link given by a friend, downloaded the file and ran the update.

In fact, the person I got the Droid from is the same person who sent me the link ( it was his droid and he upgraded to a Droid X.)

So I take it I should stay where I am at and leave well enough alone until I get more educated on it.

Old Blackberry user making the switch

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Not sure about being rooted or not.
My Droid has not had anything done to it.
I followed the link given by a friend, downloaded the file and ran the update.

In fact, the person I got the Droid from is the same person who sent me the link ( it was his droid and he upgraded to a Droid X.)

So I take it I should stay where I am at and leave well enough alone until I get more educated on it.

Old Blackberry user making the switch
Rooting your phone poses the risk of bricking it -- turning it into a $600 paperweight. I don't want that, you don't want that, so don't do it till you know a LOT more about it. :)

It's a simple process, and will be simpler still when and if one of the one-touch rooting methods comes back on the market/available for download, but even still there's some, minimal risk. Having said that, if you decide to take the plunge there are a lot of people on here willing to help you do it and fix it if it goes wrong. :D

hydweb

Reaction score
Hey i lost my chrome to phone with this update. What gives? anyone have the updated apk for it?