Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If it's grayed out it's because the application itself doesn't support moving it. The application developer has to enable it within the app itself. Some ROMS, like Bugless Beast (if I remember correctly), have it set up so you can force all the apps to the SD card, and putting an app on the SD card in no way affects its performance with very few exceptions (some widgets require being on the phone's storage), so why more devs aren't doing this is beyond me.

Heck, from what I've seen, storing the app on the SD card often uses less overall storage space than storing it on the phone!

Now, if I'm mistaken, someone please correct me, but that's what I've been hearing from everyone in the know and my experience backs it up.
Thanks, my bad. When I checked the first time (randomly, of course) all the apps looked turned off. But I went back and double-checked, and found a few. It's strange...I remember more having the option in the previous leak (a lot, actually). Probably what happened is I did wipe before FRG22, didn't reinstall a lot of the crap, and now that those apps are gone, I have fewer that permit apps2sd. :)

And yeah, my experience suggests it helps, too.

-Matt

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Google Googles

For those that are having trouble with google googles try this.

Use root explorer to delete the google googles apk file from system/app. Reboot, gotto market and download google googles from market. All should be fine now. You may keep the apk file where it is or move it to system/app.

wahrenjie

Reaction score
running really hot

Hi, noob here. I recently swapped in this build for the last one that was out and have been running extremely hot. At first I thought it was the kernel, I'd been using P3 low voltage kernels and had no temp issues with the earlier build. I've tried 3 differnt kernels with this build and the heat issues have gotten worse. My heat profile kicked in earlier today while I was just using pandora and u/c @ 500Mhz? Is there something I'm missing, or can the actual ROM be a problem for my phone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, noob here. I recently swapped in this build for the last one that was out and have been running extremely hot. At first I thought it was the kernel, I'd been using P3 low voltage kernels and had no temp issues with the earlier build. I've tried 3 differnt kernels with this build and the heat issues have gotten worse. My heat profile kicked in earlier today while I was just using pandora and u/c @ 500Mhz? Is there something I'm missing, or can the actual ROM be a problem for my phone?

What do you consider to be hot? And what are you using to gauge temperature?

The processor can take quite a bit of heat. Without a temperature we have no way of assisting you. You may not have an issue at all. My processor right now is running 86 degrees, I've seen it at 100 and I wouldn't worry unless it got to about 120 degrees. I'd prefer not to have it that hot but it wouldn't harm anything.

wahrenjie

Reaction score

The processor can take quite a bit of heat. Without a temperature we have no way of assisting you. You may not have an issue at all. My processor right now is running 86 degrees, I've seen it at 100 and I wouldn't worry unless it got to about 120 degrees. I'd prefer not to have it that hot but it wouldn't harm anything.
Sorry, I left out alot of information. I had a CPU temp profile on SetCPU of 40C-104f and hit that just using pandora while underclocked. On the previous build I never got anywhere near 100degrees while overclocked even while watching videos. So even if this may be a safe range, I find it disturbing that I'm hitting these temps so regularly, when I never hit them before.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I left out alot of information. I had a CPU temp profile on SetCPU of 40C-104f and hit that just using pandora while underclocked. On the previous build I never got anywhere near 100degrees while overclocked even while watching videos. So even if this may be a safe range, I find it disturbing that I'm hitting these temps so regularly, when I never hit them before.

Well, if you're going to worry then you're going to worry. It's not the update, I just told you what my processor is sitting at. What have you got running in the background. Anything nasty like a task killer or an antivirus?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add the link earlier:

Link removed by moderator. We are not going to carry the link since it's not an official any longer.

what link was it - frg01b or frg22?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

wahrenjie

Reaction score

Well, if you're going to worry then you're going to worry. It's not the update, I just told you what my processor is sitting at. What have you got running in the background. Anything nasty like a task killer or an antivirus?
Got rid of anti-virus 2 weeks ago. Haven't been able to let go of task killer but I always kill that along with whatever else it shows running. Maybe I'm crazy, but I just switched over to BB .4 and Have be re-configuring and reloading apps for hours and have not had any issues (my worries) with the heat levels I was experiencing the last couple of days. Thanks for listening though.

zingalope

Reaction score
hey guys im new with droid.. 2 days actually got it from a friend of mine..how i install the download to the root of the sd card.. please. i want the updates seems cool.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Plug the phone into a computer with the USB cable and you should get a notification on the phone. Drag down the notification window bar and select that notification. A window should appear with "turn on USB mass storage". Once that finishes loading you go to your computer, open "my computer" if running Windows, select the new removable storage device, and copy the .zip you downloaded to the root of the SD card.

nhat

Reaction score
anyone experiencing slow drawing of the home screen at random? and/or random instances in which the home screen transitions are slow to respond?

GoldWinger88

Reaction score
As a new droid user I am comfused..

A friend sent me a link for the upgrade to 2.2

My build number says FRG01B

Which should I have on here for the latest

Thanks