Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

markwebb

Reaction score
I'm trying a cache wipe and data/factory reset ... BUT READ ON:

Flipz (Of Fresh ROMs): Facebook 1.3 Eats Battery. Hardcore. | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

We'd had reports of users not OTA'd having battery issues, and those of us who went to FRG22, this may still be the issue.

Going to look at it.

My phone was at 80% @ 8 AM. I have virtually no services running. I have WiFi and GPS disabled. I have brightness at lowest level. Droid has been sitting on my desk in standby mode. I do not have Facebook installed or Twitter running.

My battery is now at 40% almost 4 hours later.

Now, my bldg has no 3G reception. In fact, I have to go outside to make a call. Would the phone be roaming trying to pull a signal, hence, draining the battery?

djhuang

Reaction score
RW-1, let us know if it's FB from what you find out...the loss of 50mb internal memory hurts, but FRG22 runs so smoothly for me I really don't want to go back to older builds unless I know for sure the battery issue is directly linked to FRG22 itself

djhuang

Reaction score

Flipz (Of Fresh ROMs): Facebook 1.3 Eats Battery. Hardcore. | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

We'd had reports of users not OTA'd having battery issues, and those of us who went to FRG22, this may still be the issue.

Going to look at it.

My phone was at 80% @ 8 AM. I have virtually no services running. I have WiFi and GPS disabled. I have brightness at lowest level. Droid has been sitting on my desk in standby mode. I do not have Facebook installed or Twitter running.

Now, my bldg has no 3G reception. In fact, I have to go outside to make a call. Would the phone be roaming trying to pull a signal, hence, draining the battery?

i guess the question is did your phone have that kind of poor battery performance prior to upgrading to FRG22 in the same building?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Going to look at it.
Thanks RW-1. This has the smell of truthiness to it. I've uninstalled the new FB app and rolling back a version. We'll see if that helps!

-Matt

SkullOne

Reaction score
No poor battery life here with FRG22. ChevyNo1 LV 800MHz kernel on top of it. Loving this ROM in fact. Nice and stable and fast as hell.

Schoat333

Reaction score
Using Non-Deodexed Version and it works fine.
I just tested with a barcode and found it no problem.

as soon as i launch it i get an FC. i even removed from system and downloaded from market, same thing. i am using a p3 OC kernel.

I can confirm goggles not working for me either, P3 Lv 100 kernal

P3, maybe same issue that voice search had?

I have FRG22 running with the stock Kernel, and goggles works fine for me. I had issues with google translate when I changed kernels. I thinks it a kernel problem, not OS.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I played around with the 22 yesterday, and found that when I used P3's oc kernels, the sames ones I ran on 01b, my phone operating temperature would go through the roof. Now I am not one of those "my phone is at 100 degrees, I am switching roms" kind of folks, I am fine at 130F or a bit more.

With 22 installed, and the same P3 1200 Standard Voltage, my phone actually went to 160F on the cpu temp, per Temp Monitor, while looking at videos. With the 1200 Low Voltage kernel, the top end was around 130F. Bouncing back to 01B, either kernel would only top out at about 120F or so.

Methinks that perhaps P3 may need to do some kernel tweaking for 22. Just a fwiw for folks wanting to test. And a side note, this is the first time my phone would actually run over 150F without force closing itself. In the past, high temps would shut it down on its own, nit this time. Not sure this is a good or bad thing. And while I did not have anither way to actually test the temp other than Temp Monitor, when the phone registered 160F, it was very hot to the touch.

Craig

bishop

Reaction score
OK so i am not the only one missing internal memory now. its so bad i cant even get txt messages when i have 0 threads left.

I love this update. so much better the 01B. i am using it with the stock kernel right now and battery is poor but not really worse then 01B. it could be that new FB app killing the battery though. I was actually just about to roll back to 84B when this was released since 01B was buggy to say the least. for now i think i will be staying on this release but all i have to say it thank god for Nandroid backups.

gatewayad

Reaction score
OK I've read most of the pages anyone else having wifi issues, i'm having the same problems I had with the first 2.2 the wifi connects and disconnects over and over. I ended up going back to SS 4.6. But on another note, I did find a good cure on one of the sites for the constant rebuilding of the launcher and launcher pro.
I went to Cyanogen's site to jdlfg kernel page and downloaded his new 1266 kernel for 2.2 only, i keep it set at 1000 but the rebuild time with this kernel is fantastic. Someone mentioned somewhere this might work and it really does.
And i'm ready to remove or un auto update facebook or something to see if that's the cause of the battery issue because after going back to FRG01 battery still dropping quick.

djhuang

Reaction score
i just checked my facebook and it showed that I'm still running v1.2 (never updated it), so while it's evident that v1.3 is causing significant battery drain, I think it goes to show that for me that my latest battery drain is a result of moving from FRG01b to FRG22. Sucks cause FRG22 has been so great otherwise

markwebb

Reaction score

Going to look at it.

WOW!!!!! With almost everything shut off, my battery is now down to 20%, 45 min later since the above report!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are having issues with FRG22 try go back to MDW, and download it again and reinstall over what you currently have. Changes have been made to the download by P3. See if this doesn't address your concerns.

Looks like the mirror has release-2 while the main download link has a different file name...

Good catch - i was getting ready to download - which is the "updated" one? I prefer non-deodexed.

Use the main download. That's the one that has changes.

I don't know why the mirrors would be different. Weird.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. We only want one thread for discussion on this please. Thank you.