Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you are having issues with FRG22 try go back to MDW, and download it again and reinstall over what you currently have. Changes have been made to the download by P3. See if this doesn't address your concerns.

Looks like the mirror has release-2 while the main download link has a different file name...

Schoat333

Reaction score
I noticed that as well! But, I am not too concerned about it being that Saphhire 1.0 dropped yesterday!!!

Ok, I'm just glad its not only me. :)

I know google translate is not really an important app, but I do use it just for fun sometimes. Especially since it will speak for you. It makes for fun when your sitting around a camp fire with nothing better to do ;)

I may try out the ne Sapphire, but i'll wait to see how it works for everyone first.

I am having the same issue with google translate and the kernel that came with ROM. My voice search works fine though.

Thats odd, if I leave the stock kernel, I have no problems with it.

If you go to settings, about phone. What Kernel does it say you are running?

tahdor

Reaction score
New for 2.2 is support for MS Exchange security policies. The device administrator allows the security polices to make changes to your phone.

For example, if your corp exchange requires PIN security, the email client will instruct the phone to enable PIN security at the phone level.

It is very annoying. I have to punch in PIN every time I on my phone. Is there any way to bypass/disable this ? I do not care about remote wipe, let that be there. But can I bay pass this PIN business some how ?

maslan

Reaction score
If you are having issues with FRG22 try go back to MDW, and download it again and reinstall over what you currently have. Changes have been made to the download by P3. See if this doesn't address your concerns.

Looks like the mirror has release-2 while the main download link has a different file name...

Good catch - i was getting ready to download - which is the "updated" one? I prefer non-deodexed.

brochaos

Reaction score
anyone noticed goggles doesn't work again? it worked in frg01b...

using deodexed if it matters...
Using Non-Deodexed Version and it works fine.
I just tested with a barcode and found it no problem.

as soon as i launch it i get an FC. i even removed from system and downloaded from market, same thing. i am using a p3 OC kernel.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
2.2 manual update is worth it, all in 2.1- update!

its been a good enough wait, but now two more weeks is killer. i gave in after waiting for the OTA update and manually updated it. definitely worth it! for those who haven't updated yet, you should!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
anyone noticed goggles doesn't work again? it worked in frg01b...

using deodexed if it matters...
Using Non-Deodexed Version and it works fine.
I just tested with a barcode and found it no problem.

as soon as i launch it i get an FC. i even removed from system and downloaded from market, same thing. i am using a p3 OC kernel.

I can confirm goggles not working for me either, P3 Lv 100 kernal

P3, maybe same issue that voice search had?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I get flash player the market only has showcase and it doesn't work.

For the millionth time: Flash is not available in the market yet. This has been covered in numerous threads. Perform a search for flash beta 3.

Droid101

Reaction score
Yes, this FRG22 eats more internal phone storage. My previous FRG01B had 97Mb free, updating it dropped to 59 ... Still monitoring battery life, which IMO was better prior...

I noticed also thought I was going crazy for a second lol.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Correction, millionth time: Flash is in market but not visable to froyo, known issue, proceed as outlined.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
No new problems to report with FRG22, just the same old problems with every Froyo build so far.

1) Home screen widgets will stop updating at least once a day (ADW and LauncherPro).
2) Wi-Fi signal meter is more inaccurate than iPhone's reception bars.
3) Streaming music sounds awful (but I can probably fix that).

-Mike

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could be, wouldnt that beat all? Everyone will be looking at the OS update and it kinda fits. I got the FB update the day of the official OTA file leak, then the FRG22, but I updated the FB app before going to FRG22 (I didnt go to the official FRG01B, was on it)

I had just did my data wipe, buit resotred my FRG22 backup and am uninstalling the FB update then will test.

Still, the loss of 50Mb internal memory ....