Leaked 2.1 to OTA update from HTC >> no-no

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
I just spend a while with a Verizon tech and then a HTC customer service rep over the phone.
I got the notification from Verizon a couple of weeks ago saying the update had been sent to my phone but there was no update. I'm running the leaked version 2.1, I'm assuming 2nd version.
I was really hoping I could get the official version but I've been informed by both (actually, the Verizon guy didn't know for sure) that once you install a leak there is no way to get the OTA updates. So... poo.
From what I hear the OTA isn't so great anyway, but just for future reference and for anyone waiting for their "official" update... it's not coming.
BUT if anyone has any information that counters this, by all means, please share!

Update: I've upgraded to the 2.1 v3 and checked it against the OTA update from Verizon and it's exactly the same. I'm sure this is listed somewhere else but since some of the posts jump around I didn't find it. The good news about this is I can now get access to all the apps, even the ones that are licensed and full tech support now. Unfortunately since I told the Verizon tech support yesterday that I had installed a leaked v2 he was nice enough to tell me that it technically disregards my warranty and I could be SOL. However, I'm pretty sure I could argue that now since I'm running an "official" version and they can't prove that I wasn't otherwise. We'll see if it ever comes to that.
The good news is it's running great for me. The lag time with the dialer seems to be much better. Really that was my only complaint about v2. Along with the lack of my fave app. Dumb, I know.
I'm happy now. Truly happy until I can get my hands on the incredible ;)

mikeyp

Reaction score
Not sure which leak i have but really dont have any problems other than not having access to apps in the market that ota version does go right to. my question is if I have an older version can i just install the 3rd version to fix this?