Leak Updates

josg21

Reaction score
wow motorola is sounding and behaving more and more like apple everyday.

Its going to take a lot more then motto asking (nicely by the way) to take down copyrighted material before they are like apple!

When they start purposely blocking competitors, or taking personal stances against technologies (by way of open letters), then we have to be worried.

josg21

Reaction score
Guys, I got to say blaming Motorola here is dead wrong.

This is a leaked version of Froyo, not a planned distribution. It may be flawed for all we know. They have every right to protect themselves from distribution of something that is still not ready for release.

well said, its interesting how the second a company does something people do not like they start lashing out.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, I got to say blaming Motorola here is dead wrong.

This is a leaked version of Froyo, not a planned distribution. It may be flawed for all we know. They have every right to protect themselves from distribution of something that is still not ready for release.

This is the RC sent to VZw. As finished as could be leaked. Moto has a right to stop it. More leaks will come i'm sure of that :) it's just the when

sslbaron

Reaction score
Whether or not Moto is right or not, it still sucks.....:icon_ cry:
How come they are making a big deal about it now, but it's been "ok" for the past 6 months (+/-)? What, did they just find these?

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether or not Moto is right or not, it still sucks.....:icon_ cry:
How come they are making a big deal about it now, but it's been "ok" for the past 6 months (+/-)? What, did they just find these?

i am not sure about why but it's what it is. I am no happier than any of you guys for sure. i know BBCrackman isnt either or P3.

CellZealot

Reaction score
There is a lot more than meets the eye here...Moto is very serious about this for good reason.
Let's just let the dust settle a bit shall we? ;)

rkeller62

Reaction score
Regardless of how long this has been going on or how you feel about Motorola lowering the boom, they have every right to do whatever they feel necessary to protect their copyrighted material.

If you held the copyright on something you probably wouldn't be thrilled if someone was distributing it without your consent.

sslbaron

Reaction score
I totally agree. They have the right to protect their assets. I expect them to. I guess, maybe someone wasn't doing their job in the past?
I'm curious to know what may have happened to triggered this (if anything)? :r_c:
That's all! (just me being nosey)..lol

No big deal.....:)

johaBBa

Reaction score
Here's an idea. They should upload it to mediafire, leak the link out and let it get around by word of mouth.

The files are out there.

They may be removed from MDW but it will be very difficult for Motorola to issue C&Ds to every upload, warez, torrent site. It will make it harder for ppl to release leaks, however. ROMs with any proprietary content will be a target as well.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hope Pete already has this downloaded too! Haha! As far as new leaks go, aren't we kinda on Motorola's radar now? What would stop them from "checking up" for new leaks??

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I hope Pete already has this downloaded too! Haha! As far as new leaks go, aren't we kinda on Motorola's radar now? What would stop them from "checking up" for new leaks??

This is why we pulled it immediately (before the 3 hour window) on DF's.

johaBBa

Reaction score
Anyone know the version of the leak?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This is what my About phone page has:

System version
Version.2.3.9MB810.Verizon.en.US

Model Number
DROIDX

Android Version

Baseband version
BP_C_01.09.06P