[Leak] Upcoming LG Enlighten

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Aug 5, 2011.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Let’s take a break from all this super-phone talk and shed some light about the mid-range sector of Verizon’s Android army. The upcoming LG Enlighten is destined for those users that like to stay in the middle ground. The device will be running Android 2.3, and will be powered by a 800MHz processor, hopefully second generation Qualcomm like the G2, and an almost enchanted 3.2" HVGA display.
    When Verizon wants a mid-range phone, they really make sure it’s mid-range. These specs aren’t the worst, but are not that great either. Phones like this take away from the great Android experience we could all be having. It’s a yearly routine for Android to lose to iPhone in customer satisfaction, and that’s thanks to phones like this.

Via: AndroidCentral
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
  2. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

I don't know why everyone is hating on this, ive read several articles basically in a grumble about how this "midrange" device. It will be like the ally. Lol, while i see it isnt the greatest of all masterpieces i think it deserves a little time in spotlight, not outed from the start. Not everyone is rich, some people go towards the budget friendly phones..... Imagine that? Ive had several friends walk around with an ally and strut in happiness. why? Because its way better than a simple phone. IMO, i think this phone doesnt look to bad, id be proud of it over my backup which is an enV 1.
  3. greenstuffs

greenstuffs New Member

pointless

with the low prices at amazon, makes you wonder why you need to put up with crap like this.
  4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I know....everyone doesn't want the super duper high end phones. As long as its marketed accordingly and most folks getting one understand this...it shouldnt be a problem.
  5. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

Agreed. My wife is perfectly happy with her Ally that she got a year ago. She likes it better than my Droid and wanted the Ally, even though I told her she could have any phone that she wanted.
  6. markwebb

markwebb New Member

Agreed. Not everyone wasnts a super duper phone. Price point is also important. I also know a few people happy with their EnV and refuse to part with it...still has a great keyboard.

I think we lose sight that many people just want a phone to place/receive calls (after all, it IS a phone), email, texting and light surfing.

Besides, aren't there rumors of a second choice "cheaper" IPhone coming? If so, sounds like IPhone is copying Android 's strategy.