[leak] Nexus/Droid Prime User Experiance Posted

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
prime.png

This is one of those stories that may be "questionable", but is worth reporting. Someone apparently got their hands on a Nexus Prime from Samsung's test labs, and was nice enough to share his experience with us.
  • Anonymous refers to the device as the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which fits in nicely with what we heard previously.
  • The phone looks similar to the Sprint version of Galaxy S II but also has a curved glass like the one on the Nexus S. The device is fairly large in size. It will weigh around 130-140g and will use metal for the body. It is said to be just 8.8mm thick and will have a 2000mAh battery.
  • Verizon will be getting exclusive rights to the Nexus Prime, which is why they gave up on the US version of the Galaxy S II.
  • He mentions that the phone had a 4.65-inch, Super AMOLED Plus display with a 1280 x 720 resolution (1280 x 800 seems a bit more likely to us, looking at the display on the Galaxy Note).
  • It will be running on Samsung's dual-core Exynos processor, clocked at 1.5GHz and will have 1GB of RAM and 16GB internal memory, with the option to expand it further.
  • The phone was said to be blazing fast and felt very smooth. This obviously has a lot to do with the powerful processor and we believe ICS will also bring some performance improvements.
  • There was no mention about the camera on the device but we think it is fairly clear to everyone by now that it will have an 8 megapixel camera with HD video recording.

• It looks bit similar to the current Gingerbread but a lot more polished. The UI has a glassy look, same as the one in Honeycomb.
  • The version of the OS on the demo unit was 2.4.1. It is unlikely that this will be the final version of the OS for a simple reason that the current Honeycomb tablets are running on 3.2 and if Ice Cream Sandwich is 2.4 instead of 4.0 as is widely believed then it will seem as a step down for current Honeycomb users, at least as far as the version number is concerned.
  • Just like in Honeycomb, the application drawer has categories on top. We have seen this before in the leaked screenshots. Apps and widgets seem to be the default but the good thing is that you can make custom categories and put apps in them. The demo unit had categories such as 'Games', 'News', 'Sports', etc. It remains to be seen whether these have to be created manually or if the OS can create them automatically as well, if you have more than one app from a certain category.
  • A cool new feature is the ability to preview widgets from the app drawer.
  • There is a new Gmail app. In landscape mode, it splits the screen in two, with the inbox on the left and a preview of the mail on the right. This is similar to the Gmail app in Honeycomb. This would be useful on the 4.65-incher of the Nexus Prime but probably not so much on phones with a smaller display.
  • There is a new calendar app along with a new widget accompanying it.
  • The internet browser has also been updated. The tabs are on the bottom of the display now, as in Opera Mobile/Mini. It’s also faster and smoother than before. There is also a new icon for it.

Share your thoughts on this "user experience" below.

Via: GSMArena

Last edited by a moderator:

FlipCpt45

Reaction score
Interesting. I just bought a Bionic because I'm tired of waiting and couldn't pass up on 100 dollars off @ Radioshack.

Seems that I'll have to be convincing one of my family members into letting me use their upgrade.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
My droid X's screen is on its last legs. I wonder if I subconsciously kept dropping it so I could buy this phone. :blink:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^The nice thing is we'll have a Bionic to play with until! I'm sure I'll wait a few days after release of whatever phone to read up and see what the bugs/issues are.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Still doubting the processor a bit since Google said they will be using OMAP for ICS and I would think in the Google Experience device that is what we will get. There has been a lot of speculation about this as well due to LTE, but there are tech docs that list the Exynos as being compatible with LTE modems, so it could still happen. Guess we will find out. Getting tired of the guessing game though. When it is announced we will know and it is as simple as that.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
When is this supposed to come out? I'm very interested in this phone, but doubt I'm going to wait until mid-November or later to upgrade.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quite literally this is from an anonymous user from 4chan. Haha wow, and we are reading this post on lots of tech news sites. This is one is one successful troll. Much of the post doesn't make sense, especially including/but not limited to how he obtained the information. Lol, they just happened to show him all of this and explain everything in detail and not have a care in the world of any of the information just getting out? haha screw NDAs....im just going to let this guy in. While I get that all of us want the most information we can of our upcoming devices, their truly has to be a stopping point on the "trustworthyness" of our sources. I dont need some dude trying to indulge me with made up information. Even if this turns out true, i wont be able to take this information with a grain of salt until its confirmed by a more reliable source. I think i would rather just hear it form the reliable source though. :blink: And im sorry, but i truly dont think this is even worthy of the news section for this site(quite surprised its posted on many other sites as well). What stops me from making an anonymous post on some random forum making up this information? Sources need to be reliable, or have a bit of background reasoning to be used.... their is none of that here.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if it's accurate I don't want a screen that big.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mach330

Reaction score
Even if it's accurate I don't want a screen that big.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

i'm hoping that the screen size doesn't equate to a much much bigger phone. even with the bionic, if they made the screen closer to the edge, I think it could be 4.65" and not make the phone bigger.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
From rumors I heard, although this device looks incredible, don't count on it being vanilla .. screen size is a little to big, but specs look great. I'll be happy with bionic for 2 years :) But for those who get this, doesn't seem like they will be regretting it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
From rumors I heard, although this device looks incredible, don't count on it being vanilla .. screen size is a little to big, but specs look great. I'll be happy with bionic for 2 years :) But for those who get this, doesn't seem like they will be regretting it.

Not vanilla? That would be disappointing but I might have to forgo that and just root it to make it vanilla. Still interested in what I am seeing about it otherwise.