Leak Fails

lwags67

Reaction score
Well, I got the update to the root directory on my sd card, go through the instructions, boot into the recovery mode, wipe cache, apply update.zip, reboot and right back to existing interface. Did it three times. Now what. Wait for 6 months for Moto to do something?

silver6054

Reaction score
Well, I got the update to the root directory on my sd card, go through the instructions, boot into the recovery mode, wipe cache, apply update.zip, reboot and right back to existing interface. Did it three times. Now what. Wait for 6 months for Moto to do something?

No error messages saying update failed or anything? And you are running stock .330 with nothing bootstrapped, frozen, rooted or deleted?

Kimo91

Reaction score
Did you SBF first? A lot of people including me did that first before flashing the leaked GB and had no.problems...but I did have problems at first cause I forgot to wipe data and cache first before flashing

Sent from my Boeing sponsored rooted Gingerbread D2G

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
No messages, not rooted, nothing deleted, nothing frozen. This is a fairly much stock phone, as its my wife's. Leak just runs and nothing happens. Reboots back to normal interface.

Have no idea what sbf is nor how to do it. Did not have to do anything to my other d2g that did receive the download before it was pulled.

Did wipe cache instructed. What does wipe data mean?

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
That means I loose all my contacts, downloaded programs - a few, every customization? Sure did not have to do that for the OTA.

Kimo91

Reaction score
If you're rooted you have no choice but to SBF...I guess I should've been more specific. But if you have Titanium Backup or something similar then back up your apps, custom settings etc and you can bring everything back after you root again. Also you can back up your contacts to your memory card too

silver6054

Reaction score
If you're rooted you have no choice but to SBF...I guess I should've been more specific. But if you have Titanium Backup or something similar then back up your apps, custom settings etc and you can bring everything back after you root again. Also you can back up your contacts to your memory card too

The OP says the phone wasn't rooted!

Benton

Reaction score
We can appreciate you do not want to lose your settings, etc. in this process and the OTA seemed to protect most of that pretty well for most people. Let's try to get grounded on where the device stands, can you provide us the information for System version, Android version and Build number under Settings\About phone? This will tell us where your phone is at in terms of operating OS and maybe we can pick something up from this that will lead us toward completing the upgrade easier.

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
Asking wifey to email be this info. That will be fun! :D

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
OK, here is info - received over a landline - hope she read everything correctly.

System 2.4.330 A956
Adroid version 2.2
Build Number VZW

BTW, thanks for all the help.

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
OK, now know what SBF is. Is this something transfer from my phone to computer or is it the SBF for the version currently on the phone that I copy from somewhere else to restore later if needed. Also, can I use RSDlite to flash the leak instead of trying to update? Finally, I had some problems copying the leak to wife's phone - did not seem to want to complete the copy to the root directory. Could copy to a sub directory, but could not transfer to root. Ran some utilities to sd card to make sure no errors and then able to transfer to root directory. Maybe something got corrupted in all this activity. Finally, could I put a clean version of the leak on a fresh SD card and put it in the phone and try the flash again. Thanks for listening.

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
So I decided to give it one more shot. Downloaded the leak again and went through the install process and it worked! I think the first download of the update was corrupted or something. Had a hard time copying it to the SD. This time copied right away and installed as it should have. Thanks for the help.